Where can i watch the next game?

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
My team Cuba just eliminated Puerto Rico from the tournament and meets DR next Saturday. I'll be down in SD for the weekend and was wondering of a good place to go, watch the game and have a few Bohemias. Any suggestion?

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
Good! I'm staying at the Intercontinental V Centenario this time, can walk to the jaragua, thanks! Who else gonna be there?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
El_cubano said:
My team Cuba just eliminated Puerto Rico from the tournament and meets DR next Saturday. I'll be down in SD for the weekend and was wondering of a good place to go, watch the game and have a few Bohemias. Any suggestion?

Congratulations to the Cuban team! They were the other Latino team I have been rooting for, and have looked quite good in the tournament. I guess they have their own motivations to get to American mainland (a bit of a contrast to Korean motivators), as well. :D

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
mmm, could be. Maybe a couple of them stay here for good!

But the Korea playing in the games is South Korea, the capitalist, the developed one, the one that makes Hyundai, Samsung... etc. Communist North Korea couldn't even afford the team's uniform. BIG difference between the two:chinese: :chinese:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
El_cubano said:
mmm, could be. Maybe a couple of them stay here for good!

But the Korea playing in the games is South Korea, the capitalist, the developed one, the one that makes Hyundai, Samsung... etc. Communist North Korea couldn't even afford the team's uniform. BIG difference between the two:chinese: :chinese:

I realize this, the Korean team's motivation is execption from mandatory military service for the men on the team under a certain age. That's why I said their motivations are different, but they both have motives.

manram

Jul 11, 2005
In DR you're able to watch the game live anywhere...... Just check the nearest COLMADO.....

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
trina said:
I realize this, the Korean team's motivation is execption from mandatory military service for the men on the team under a certain age. That's why I said their motivations are different, but they both have motives.

What more motivation you need when you are playing for your country? That's #1 motivation for all players involved in this.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Ichiro's stupid remarks about Korea's baseball team also motivated the Korean players to perform as best as they can.

A lot of the baseball players are also looking for bigger contracts in Japan and the United States.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
El_cubano said:
What more motivation you need when you are playing for your country? That's #1 motivation for all players involved in this.

While I do agree, do you agree that some are playing with more heart and soul than others? I think the Korean team is kicking butt all over the other teams due to extra motivation. I may be way off base with my comments for the Cubans. Whatever the case, I am definitely rooting for them behind the DR.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Ichiro's stupid remarks about Korea's baseball team also motivated the Korean players to perform as best as they can.
What did Ichiro say?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rellosk said:
What did Ichiro say?

Hi there :classic:

Before the tournament began, Ichiro said that Korea cannot beat Japan for the next 30 years.

Ichiro underestimated an underdog.

I'm sorry to hear about the United States.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Except...

El_cubano said:

THE USA TEAM...they were playing for themselves...each and every player...they don't grasp the concept of a NATIONAL TEAM...that plays for PRIDE OF THEIR COUNTRY...it's not embedded in their brains since childhood like in the rest of the world...

Even the commentators are at awe when they see the painted faces, the drums, the all around good feeling of the games...(well, except some of the cuban games...but that's the cubans that are already in the US fault!)

MQ

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
Had a great time in that bar. I was the only cuban there for a while but then another guy from Miami showed up. We had a great time, i saw a couple of dominican guys crying, so was my girl. jejejejejejeje.

A Cuba se respeta!

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
El_cubano said:
Had a great time in that bar. I was the only cuban there for a while but then another guy from Miami showed up. We had a great time, i saw a couple of dominican guys crying, so was my girl. jejejejejejeje.

A Cuba se respeta!

Hey, cubano, are you the same guy who posted on LNSM forum re the Cuba vs. DR game? That was a very good report describing the flow of emotions at the Jaragua Hotel during the game.