Sending an invitation for Visitation in U.S.

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
I'm sure that this topic has come up many times but I couldn't find exactly what i'm looking for when I did a search. I've also looked on the US Consulate website and didn't find much about this topic.
About 4 years I had sent an invitation for a friend to come visit me here in the U.S., by giving here that invitation it bettered her chances on getting a Visa to come to the states. I would like to do this again but I am not sure who I should send it to or if I should just send it to my friend so she can bring it to her Visa appointment? What information should I include in that invitation (drivers license, passport number, current employer and years employed, etc.)?!?!? Would a lawyer or Notary Public need to put a stamp on the invitation?
I know that this does not guarantee her a Visa but i'm sure it does help a little.

Thank You in advance,

Enver

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Sonnie, the invitation will not help get a Visa. The invitation is just a formality.

The single most important thing in getting a Visa is whether the INS believes the applicant will return to the DR.

BTW, did your friend get her Visa four years ago?

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
Yes, my friend did get her Visa 4 years ago but that was a different person. This is another friend of mine that I would like her to visit me. Even if it is a formality, would it state with the invitation that I would be responsible for that person while they visit the U.S.?

Thanks,
Enver