USA vs Mexico- Inning By Inning Score!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Since this fricking tournament is making me INSANE, and since I left work early, I will post inning by inning score on this game.

Game starts at 7:30pm.

I just hope that my team, the USA, wins!.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
1st inning:

Top of the 1st: USA:

Young(.333): Fly out
Jeter(.527): Infield out
Griffey(.611): Single
Jones: Fly out (3 outs). USA do not score.

USA 0
Mex 0

Bottom of the 1st: Mexico do not score.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
2nd inning:

Top of the 2nd: USA:

Rodriguez(.368): Base on ball
Wells(.333): Line out
Texeira: Infield hit
Francoeur: Force out
Barrett: Fly out (3 outs). USA do not score.

USA 0
MEX 0

Bottom of the 2nd: Mexico do not score.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
3rd inning:

Top of the 3rd: USA:

Young: Fly out
Jeter: Infield out
Griffey: Infield out (3 outs). USA do not score.

USA 0
Mex 0

Bottom of the 3rd: Mexico just got robbed of a homer that hit the foul pole but scored 1 run.

USA 0
Mex 1

Last edited:

pollo

Mar 16, 2006
u know what makes me mad? that "America" always gets bad calls that makes them "win," like that one call against Japan, and this homerun that they just robbed Mexico out of. if they would have counted it, now it would be 2-0. they cheat in EVERY sport. in the World cup against Mexico, they did a hand ball and the refs (if u can call it refs) didn't call it. i hope someday that look real bad cheating to everyone else in the world.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
4th inning:

Top of the 4th: USA:

Jones: Double
Rodriguez: Warning track out
Wells: Sacrifice fly out, 1 run scored
Texeira: Fly out(3 outs)

USA 1
Mex 1

Bottom of the 4th: Mexico do not score. Same score.

Actually, pollo, the "home run" batter was given a double and he was the one who scored.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
5th inning:

Top of the 5th: USA:

Francoeur: Double
Barrett: Hit by pitch
Francouer was caught between 2nd and 3rd and tagged out.
Young: Out
Jeter: Infield out (3 outs). USA do not score.

USA 1
Mex 1

Bottom of the 5th:

Clemens is out(left runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out), in comes Shields.

Mexico scored 1 run.

USA 1
Mex 2

Last edited:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Clemens

He's over 50 pitches (68) so he's out for 4 days (tourney rule).

He can still start the finals on Monday, assuming of course they make it there, and assuming he can pitch on the 4th day and not have to sit for a full 4. Not sure exactly.

This guy has had more final starts in his career than some have had in their entire career.

MeRod at DH? Chipper Jones at 3rd?

Odd.

baseballfan_01

Mar 16, 2006
it will be a real shame if USA reach the finals, even the semifinals, they DO NOT deserve that, they've sucked all along in the world baseball classic (vs. canada, korea, also japan), they have to steal runs from japan in order to win, and maybe stealing a homerun from mexico, for possibly win the match... hope japan goes to the semifinals, or even mexico...

im with u all along pollo, and miguel, i really just turned on the tv, and saw that homerun, i dont know if he was the one who scored, but, thats not the point, the point was that they cheated to not let him score, but he did... and was the same freakin umpire who said versus japan that he ran early, damn him...

korea deserves the finals, they have shut all mouths even to ichiro, who said things against korea, and i would like to see republica dominicana in finals, but i think cuba will make it... i really wanted dominicana and usa in the finals but i dont anymore...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Go read my post again!

baseballfan_01 said:
and miguel, i really just turned on the tv, and saw that homerun, i dont know if he was the one who scored, but, thats not the point, the point was that they cheated to not let him score, but he did... and was the same freakin umpire who said versus japan that he ran early, damn him...
Listen buddy, if you go read my post again, I wrote that they were robbed. I am not making excuses, I just told the guy that the score would had been the same since the person who hit the "homer" scored. Let me repeat it again: IT WAS A HOMER AND THEY WERE ROBBED!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
6th inning:

Top of the 6th: USA

Griffey: Pop out(first pitch swing)
Jones: Infield out(first pitch swing)
Rodriguez: Infield out. USA do not score.

USA 1
Mex 2

Bottom of the 6th: Shields out, Fuentes in for USA. Mexico do not score. Same score.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
7th inning:

Top of the 7th: USA:

Wells: Infield out
Teixeira: Strike out
Francouer: Strike out. USA do not score.

I wonder what happened to the USA "big hitters"?.

USA 1
Mex 2

Bottom of the 7th: Fuentes out for USA, Street in. Mexico did not score. Same score.

Last edited:

baseballfan_01

Mar 16, 2006
didnt say u agreed with the umpire... i know what u said, maybe i wasnt clear enough... so im sorry, nevermind i typed miguel in there... i just wanted to say that i didnt see if the homerun-guy scored, but the problem its that the umpire did that for a reason, for not letting him score, but didnt work out cuz the guy scored...

i dont wanna start a discussion in here, usa was one of my favorite teams... and its really hard to watch the favorite team losing... but in some way they have to accept it...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
8th inning:

Top of the 8th: USA:

Varitek: Infield out
Young: Infield out
Jeter: Strike out. USA do not score. Oh boy, not looking good!.

USA 1
Mex 2

Bottom of the 8th: Street out for the USA, Nathan in. Mexico do not score. Same score.

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
Oh boy, not looking good!.
Your not kidding. 11 in a row retired. Mexico only threw about 16 pitches over the last 2 innings. Ugh!!!
:nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
9th and last chance for the USA!:

Top of the 9th: USA:

Griffey: Strike out
Jones: Base on ball
Rodriguez: Base on Ball(Damon in to run for Rodriguez), man on 1st and second. Pitching change for Mexico.
Wells: Double play.

MEXICO WINS!!. MEXICO WINS!!. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL.

USA 1
Mex 2

With only 3 hits and swinging at the first ball most of the time, the USA deserved to lose. Mexico played a much better game!. Their bullpen was truly great!.

Even though Mexico won, both teams are eliminated and Japan advances to the semifinals!!.

Somewhere in Mexico, someone is singing "Las Mananitas" to the American team. LOL.

Last edited: