Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The US is out. Who can beat us now?

The semifinals have shrunk to four teams. DR, Cuba, Korea, Japan.
    Nobody expected Korea to be in it but their pitchers posted the lowest ERA in the classic..... My question is: who do you fear most (against us) and why?

Potato salad: What say you?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

...Korea...

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Dominican Republic is the team to beat.

The Dominican Republic has a very impressive line-up. I would love to see a finals showdown between the Dominican Republic and Korea.

I wish the U.S. was in the semifinals.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The US proved they were NOT the team to beat. I'm a little scared of Cuba, and a lot scared of Korea, for obvious reasons.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hasn't worked out for me.

I haven't been able to see (actually watch on TV) but a couple innings of the entire affair.

I thought the US would have very little trouble getting to the semi-finals - and once on that stage - would be victorious.

I will mention that I thought the managing of the U.S. team was rather bizarre, but without actually "seeing" what was going on, I'll leave it at that.

However, I think managing these ML'ers is more difficult than probably any other team in the classic. It's an odd collection considering the egos involved, the timing of the event and such. But whatever, the better teams won, and thankfully most of all, the questionable calls that went US's way have no bearing on anything.

I wanted the DR to win, and I think they have a great chance, but no one has been able to figure out the Koreanitos, and good for them!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll kick dominican ass this saturday, watch!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cleef
    I will mention that I thought the managing of the U.S. team was rather bizarre, but without actually "seeing" what was going on, I'll leave it at that.
    Trust me, the US had an easier time "managing" the umpires than they did their players!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El_cubano
    We'll kick dominican ass this saturday, watch!

Like they did this past week? That ball Ortiz hit, could have carried a few of the Cubans to freedom had they hopped on board.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY1
    Like they did this past week? That ball Ortiz hit, could have carried a few of the Cubans to freedom had they hopped on board.

Now that's funny.

I think every Latino, now that the US is no longer a factor, would love to see a DR/Cuba final. I think the Koreans will have something to say about that, though.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trina
    I think every Latino, now that the US is no longer a factor, would love to see a DR/Cuba final. I think the Koreans will have something to say about that, though.
    Unfortunately, that's not possible.
    MLB made the tourney seedings to try and get a USA vs DR/Venezuela/Cuba final. Thus the reason there are no re-seedings. The last thing MLB wanted to see was the USA and DR/Venezuela/Cuba play in the semis. Thus DR/Cuba game will be the semifinal, not a final. The finals will be Latin America vs Asia.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast