Congratulations

ray81

Mar 17, 2006
I guess this is my way of accepting the way things turned out. It doesn't negate anything I said before, I still stand behind it, I'm just over it now. :cool: It's just a sporting event after all.

So congratulations Team Japan. And also to Team Cuba. May the best team win!

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Bummer...

I imagine that quite a few DR1ers: American, Canadian, Dominican, Korean, Puerto Rican, etc., are a bit :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin.

As a Red Sox fan, though, I must say I'm rather used to this (well, except for that little slip-up in '04).

And, like good Red Sox fans, here's hoping we can all say, Wait till next year!

(I guess I'll be rooting for Cuba Monday night. Commies or no, let's at least keep it in the Caribbean.)

Koreanhomerun

Mar 19, 2006
I too will be cheering for Team Cuba to beat Japan.

I want some revenge to be reaped on Japan. Plus itchy-ro and his comments bashing Korea is still lingering in my head.

My fearless prediction for the Cuba-Japan game: Cuba 5 - Japan 2.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Japan played incredibly well last night - to their merit - I'd like to say something negative like they didn't deserve to advance, since they lost the first two times around. However, they did win the game that was important, and I guess that is what major sporting tournaments have become. Winning is not as important as winning at the right time.

The Cubans have beat Japan in international play before, however, the MLB's on the Japan team weren't a factor. Anyone see Ichiro last night? He was on fire. I'd say it's a toss up. Since I didn't think Cuba would beat DR, I've been known to be wrong ;). This tournament has been filled with many surprises, so neither side's winning would surprise me anymore.