Boca Chica to Sosua - Best way to travel

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am planning my 5th trip to the DR. I would like to spend 4 nights in Boca Chica and 4 nights in Sosua.

What would be the best way to travel from BC to Sosua.

I have checked with the airlines and I can fly into SDQ and depart POP. No problem as long as I buy both tickets at the same time. Additional cost is about $100.

A

apostropheman

caribe tours...or there are flights from santo domingo to puerto plata for under $100. i'll find the link and post it later.

A

apostropheman

apostropheman said:
caribe tours...or there are flights from santo domingo to puerto plata for under $100. i'll find the link and post it later.

http://takeoffweb.com/

oops...looks like they do NOT fly that route...sorry.

there was a company that did but i don't recall who or if they still go.:pirate:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
apostropheman said:

apostropheman, when you went coast to coast did you travel thru SDQ?

A

apostropheman

bigbird said:
apostropheman, when you went coast to coast did you travel thru SDQ?
yes, by bus. metro (i think) from Higuey to SD and then Caribe tours to Los Charamicos:D

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
apostropheman said:
yes, by bus. metro (i think) from Higuey to SD and then Caribe tours to Los Charamicos:D

OK, seems everyone agrees Caribe Tours is the best way.

Where in Sosua does Caribe Tours stop. I remember once seeing the caribe tours bus at Pedro Clisante and Dr Rosen. Does it make a stop here?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I woluld take Caribe Tours (about $50US, including Boca Chica-Stanto Domingo and Charamico-Sosua taxis) or a Taxi (about $150US). An airplane (if available) would not be much cheaper than a BC-Sosua taxi.

If you decide to take the taxi see if anyone on DR1 knows of a driver in BC or, email Rocio at palomalinda0890@hotmail.com. Even though they are out of Santiago, JJ still might be less expensive than if used one of the regular Boca Chica taxi drivers.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bigbird said:
OK, seems everyone agrees Caribe Tours is the best way.

Where in Sosua does Caribe Tours stop. I remember once seeing the caribe tours bus at Pedro Clisante and Dr Rosen. Does it make a stop here?
I think it stops in Charamico, just outside Sosua proper.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
I woluld take Caribe Tours (about $50US, including Boca Chica-Stanto Domingo and Charamico-Sosua taxis)

That sounds reasonable. I can get some snooze in on the bus ride.

Thanks to everyone

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Another Taxi Option

It is going to cost $150 door to door by nice airconditioned minivan with a cooler of Frias, DVD player and MP3 hookup in the stereo!

He will stop in Santiago if you want to "sight see".

Well worth not dealing with 2 Taxi's and a bus.

Kuky
809-758-6491

(NO BS, he has an official Taxi Turistico Sticker)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
It is going to cost $150 door to door by nice airconditioned minivan with a cooler of Frias, DVD player and MP3 hookup in the stereo!

rellosk said:
I woluld take Caribe Tours (about $50US, including Boca Chica-Stanto Domingo and Charamico-Sosua taxis) or a Taxi (about $150US). An airplane (if available) would not be much cheaper than a BC-Sosua taxi.

Okay, okay, stop confusing me :cool:

I have two great options. I will cut, copy, paste both to my Word.doc as notes to take with me. I can decide depending upon my mood after arrival.

Thanks again!

Hmmmm, taxi, hmmmm, van,,,,,,hmmm, bus,,,,,,,,hmmm,,,,,,,,decisions, decisions, decisions

Life is Great!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well..you are going to spend about 20 USD to get into the capital to catch the bus to sosua. Unless you travel light...the gua gua probably isnt the best way to get into the city....but depending on what time of day and what day of the week you are going...that might be an option. Myself..i would prefer the bus to a taxi.....

Let us or me know how it goes....this is a trip that i would like to do perhaps on my next visit. All the DR1'rs rave about the north....and slam boca chica...but when i travel and ask around while i am there...no one seems to like sosua. so i am confused

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
jrzyguy said:
Let us or me know how it goes....this is a trip that i would like to do perhaps on my next visit. All the DR1'rs rave about the north....and slam boca chica...but when i travel and ask around while i am there...no one seems to like sosua. so i am confused

Confused? Guess I was born confused, but I do what I enjoy. I have been to Sosua 4 times. I recently heard nice things about Boca Chica. Next trip for me will be a split vacation. I know when I return I will have good things and bad things to say about the North Coast and the South Coast. Either way it is great to get away!

Having access to internet info sure does make life a lot easier..........or does it make it harder to decide?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:

He will stop in Santiago if you want to "sight see".

Tamborista, I will be in Boca Chica on 5/11. As my spanish is limited to hola I did not try to call the driver. Just curious, do you think Kuky would be able to provide tour transpo to Santo Domingo and surrounding areas. Just guessing but I would think a maximun charge of $100 for a full day would be reasonable.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
KUKY is first class and will not overcharge you!
Don't forget the cost of fuel.

Have someone that is fluent in Spanish call him a day or two before you need him, he does have an MP3 jack if you want your own music.

I think $100 is more than fair for a full day of driving, (includes gas)

He knows Santo Domingo well, and will also show you ANY type of sights you might be looking for at the end of your day!

Enjoy your trip.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
bigbird said:
. Just guessing but I would think a maximun charge of $100 for a full day would be reasonable.
Remember, gasoline is approaching US$ 4.00 a gallon here.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Remember, gasoline is approaching US$ 4.00 a gallon here.

I will be staying in Boca Chica. I want to visit Los Tres Ojos, a tour of Santo Domingo, and possibly a few brief stops at places I do not know about. The entire day will not be spent driving. I could use some ball park figures on cost of a driver.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Rafael Silva advertises $85 for a 4 hour Colonial Zone Tour Starting and ending in Boca Chica. His rates are usually a little bit high.

If you get a six hour rate for $100USD, you got a good deal.
It really depends on how much fuel you burn.

It costs about $150USD now a days from B.C. to Sosua which is about 9 hours of driving RT.

Based on your posting history I am sure you will solicit 5 more opinions on this!

http://www.taxirs.homestead.com/Daytrips.html

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Boca Chica to Sosua is no more than five hours drive time if you have no experience, less if you have. From Boca Chica to SD about one hour. SD to Sosua anywhere from 3 to 4 hours depending on traffic and how fast you wish to go.