Do Not Go To Dominican To Mess It Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

quisqueyanovaliente

Mar 15, 2006
I Hope This Is A Free Speech Forum. Im A Dominican Born Who Is Concern With All The Wrong Things Happening In The Dominican Republic With The Foreigners Moving To Puerto Plata, Boca Chica O Punta Cana. Even Santo Domingo.

Some Of This People Go To The Dominican To Sell The Country As A A Sexual Paradise Others Do Ilegal Things Like Prostitution Or Child Abuse. I Believe We As Dominican Should Be More Aware Of The Damaging This People Are Doing To The Country And Culture. We Do Not Want More Criminals From Overseas Coming To The Dominican. I Thing People Like Me Who Believes In Defending Our Country And Culture Should Get Together And Claim More Watch On Foreigners When They Move To Dominican.

quisqueyanovaliente said:
I Hope This Is A Free Speech Forum. Im A Dominican Born Who Is Concern With All The Wrong Things Happening In The Dominican Republic With The Foreigners Moving To Puerto Plata, Boca Chica O Punta Cana. Even Santo Domingo.

Some Of This People Go To The Dominican To Sell The Country As A A Sexual Paradise Others Do Ilegal Things Like Prostitution Or Child Abuse. I Believe We As Dominican Should Be More Aware Of The Damaging This People Are Doing To The Country And Culture. We Do Not Want More Criminals From Overseas Coming To The Dominican. I Thing People Like Me Who Believes In Defending Our Country And Culture Should Get Together And Claim More Watch On Foreigners When They Move To Dominican.

Excuse me but who runs every whore house in the Dominican Republic? Let me help you out, Dominicans. The authorities will shut down a whore house if it is not run by Dominicans. Another thing I need to help you out with Dominicans from the states go to DR for the same reason many non Dominicans do, to get laid so lighten up guy and look in the mirror before you start preaching here.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Siempre hubo cueros y cabar? aqui... Lo unico es que ahora los sankis ganan mucho mas con los estranjeros !!!

midnitemed

Dec 7, 2005
Your post can easily be changed to read " Don't go to the United States to Mess it up". Most of the foreigners who travel to the D.R. are not bad just as most Dominicans who travel to the United States are not bad.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

All decent people, of any and all nationalities are concerned about criminals.
Although there certainly are some criminal gringos in this country, for the most part, the influx of gringos, as tourists or residents, has had a positive effect on the country.
As suggested in another post, you have to clean your own house first.
When Dominicans in general lead by example, by being honest & honourable, the rest will follow.
You're Dominican, so must have heard the term, "lava saco".
Dominicans will protect thieves for fear of reprisal, or being called "lava saco".
When Dominicans start getting together and stop tolerating criminal neighbours and intervene when somebody is commiting a crime, then they can start pointing fingers.
Until then, it's just the pot calling the kettle black.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I think this is a good topic to discuss. Many of us are concerned about crime, both from the expatriate or immigrant community, as well as from the Dominican community. What do you really think can be done about it quisqueyanovaliente?

Let me give you a real example. Just a few weeks ago, some people that are building at the house next door to us, jumped over the balcony and stole a laptop and some computer equipment from us. We know who they are and we even know where they sold the equipment. And everybody keeps quiet - nobody wants to point the finger at the criminals.

What can I do about this kind of crime? Why do you point the finger just one side of the coin?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Chris said:
... We know who they are and we even know where they sold the equipment. And everybody keeps quiet - nobody wants to point the finger at the criminals. ....What can I do about this kind of crime? ...?

Sounds to me that you already know the reason, and have the answer....

-

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
This is such a stupid topic.

I mean completely rediculous.

So what if a few gringos are over-paying some ugly Dominican hookers. If they went away it would just mean that the girls would make less money doing the same thing, or go abroad to do it. (which they do by the truckloads)

Dominicans abroad on the other hand...

We have to send back hundreds every year for selling drugs and other more serious crimes.

The Dominican economy could not survive as it is without gringo money, whether it comes from US government aid, drug sales, remittances for legitemate or illegal Dominicans working abroad, and of course tourist money.

If you "Quisqueyanos Valientes" want to do something really brave, why don't you stand up to your own crooked police and p[oliticians and get some real law enforcement in the tourist areas (or maybe even the rest of the country) so it can be a cleaner place for everybody, Dominicans included instead of such a cesspool like some of the north coast.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004

Troll.

-Helpmann :rolleyes:

zephyr1957

Mar 17, 2006
Dumb nationalist talk!!!!

I have seen that in many countries. When you dont want to look at your own weaknesses, blame it on someone else, namely in this case the foreigners.

How pityful!!!!!

Pedro

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
i've been to DR many times and dominicans living over there tell me foreigners are the reasons why so many businessess open up, and many other things (good things) happen... and when i ask how come dominicans don't do that.. why don't they start businesses, why don't they want to take risks and do things to help community/society... and the answer i get is that dominicans over there are lazy at taking risks, that they don't like to open up businesses, they don't like to invest.. that many hotels, restaurants, houses are built b/c foreigners invest and help DR.

true,, there are always bad people that move to diff countries and are of no help... but i agree that in general foreigners are a + to DR. W/o foreigners investment, DR tourism would not be as great as it is now. W/o foreigners working, creating/opening small businesses there would not be jobs for dominicans.

i think a bigger problema or a problem or the problem for DR is haitian immigration. But that's another topic, not for here.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Chris said:
I think this is a good topic to discuss. Many of us are concerned about crime, both from the expatriate or immigrant community, as well as from the Dominican community. What do you really think can be done about it quisqueyanovaliente?

Let me give you a real example. Just a few weeks ago, some people that are building at the house next door to us, jumped over the balcony and stole a laptop and some computer equipment from us. We know who they are and we even know where they sold the equipment. And everybody keeps quiet - nobody wants to point the finger at the criminals.

What can I do about this kind of crime? Why do you point the finger just one side of the coin?

sorry about the laptop/comp equipm. I agree w/you that when something happens nobody wants to cooperate or say. I bet you if it this happened to one of their own then people will gather and help out... but b/c this happened to a foreigner then they just keep quiet. I just hate that dominicans always, always, always, and always try to take advantage of foreigners... just b/c we come from outside does not mean we have to pay 80% more for an item... even if we have the money to pay 80% more the point is that foreigners get abuse from dominicans. You have to know your way around reallyyyy well or have an honest dominican friend to get fair/equal prices in DR.

so what happened at the end w/laptop? did you recover it? did you confront the robbers?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear "Quiscella" No Belly empty!Some Say You Don't Deserve a Response! I Say You DO!!

Take Off The SOCK,and then go "PHUCK" yourself!!:eek:gre:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

quisqueyanovaliente

Mar 15, 2006
all these replies really did not help. i bet most of the replies come from foreigners who gave vague opinions on the topic. what im trying to do is to stand up and open the eyes to the dominican people who open arms and heart to unknown gringos and europeans like more than 505 years ago. i think that if u believe dominican republic cant live without gringos then you should withdraw from the dominican all your hell help and fix the problem you have with drugs. gringos need a pound of cocaine or crack in order to understand their life, or they need to show their tits in order to be valorate. gringos have the greatest ironny in life, they go around the word taking about freedom but move to other place in order to live fullness of life. europeans in other hand travel to the dominican to explode the needs of young women. it looks like that this website is full of gringos and europeans with similar thinking of supremacy.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I nominate quisqueyanovaliente for the dumbest poster we have ever had.

Maybe go back to grade school and learn how to use capital letters and then you can start posting again, I'll talk to your mom and see if she wants to keep letting you use her computer.

BTW if you can get all the Dominicans out of the states I'll see what I can do to get the Gringos out of the DR.

I know they are doing what they can to get deported as fast as possible but maybe you can pitch in and help. OK?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
all these replies really did not help. i bet most of the replies come from foreigners who gave vague opinions on the topic. what im trying to do is to stand up and open the eyes to the dominican people who open arms and heart to unknown gringos and europeans like more than 505 years ago. i think that if u believe dominican republic cant live without gringos then you should withdraw from the dominican all your hell help and fix the problem you have with drugs. gringos need a pound of cocaine or crack in order to understand their life, or they need to show their tits in order to be valorate. gringos have the greatest ironny in life, they go around the word taking about freedom but move to other place in order to live fullness of life. europeans in other hand travel to the dominican to explode the needs of young women. it looks like that this website is full of gringos and europeans with similar thinking of supremacy.
That's one big load of BS you just dumped.
You didn't even bother to address any of the issues brought up in the replies above.
I assume the reason you did not, is because you know you are incorrect, so you resort to the "dummy" approach to a discussion, by avoiding, misdirecting and BS'ing.
We took the trouble to address the isuues brought up in this thread, despite knowing how assenine the original post was. Maybe you could try growing up, being a man, standing up and being counted, and dealing with life, as it really is.

knowledge

Aug 2, 2005
Take out the gringos from the tourist areas and you're left with dominicans cutting sugar cane for a living.

Take out dominicans from the usa and I don' think it's the same way around.

I don't think that 505 years ago anyone "opened their arms" to CC.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
...I assume the reason you did not, is because you know you are incorrect, so you resort to the "dummy" approach to a discussion, by avoiding, misdirecting and BS'ing. ....

It's called "straw-dogging" or using a "straw dog" to make an argument. I just watched President George W. Bush's live conference from Cincinnati, and he used it all the time. For example, ..."There are some people who say we should abandon Iraq and leave the country to the terrorists....But I say that they are wrong...."

-

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
visitors that "explode the needs of young women", that's actually very poetically said. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.