Sewing - Fabric

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Hi there

Will be visiting Costambar in the near future. I have recently started sewing again & thought this may be a great opportunity to find some different fabric. Does anyone know a good place to shop for fabric. Won't have a vehicle, but could taxi into Puerto Plata or Sosua for a day trip.

Thanks

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
You are going to have a hard time finding frabric by the beach. You may have to venture off to either Santiago or La Capital.

Almacenes Merengue en la Capital is where my mother shops - she says they have the best prices. Also, el Canal in Herrera - but thats a far treck for you.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
snowqueen, i think it's great that you will be sewing again. you can certainly find fabric in puerto plata. just take a cab into the city and have them drop you off by casa nelson - it's a department store that everyone knows. there is a fabric store right down the street from there. i don't know the name, but i'm sure if you ask one of the locals they can point you in the right direction. i know it's there b/c i was just there last month buying fabric to make curtains. they have a large selecion. (it's a corner store) fabric in spanish is called "telas" and sewing is "coser" ask for "donde venden telas de coser"