Bike rental

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
would probably better to bring one from your country. Most airlines don't charge for sports equipment.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I just don't wqant the hassle of hauling it around. I would think there has to be some place that would rent one.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
stallion said:
would probably better to bring one from your country. Most airlines don't charge for sports equipment.
I think most airlines charge EXTRA for checking a bicycle. Here's the text from Continentals website for Domestic flights. Similar text appears on Americans website.

Domestic including Alaska and Hawaii
Continental Airlines accepts a non-motorized bicycle with single seat or up to two non-motorized bicycles packed in one case as checked baggage. A bicycle is not included in a customer's free baggage allowance and is subject to a $80 service charge (each way).

The following are bicycle restrictions:

Handlebars must be fixed sideways and pedals removed or
All loose items must be enclosed in plastic foam or similar protective material or Bicycle should be transported in a sealed box. If a box is needed, see the container section of this site.
The service charge is in addition to any excess baggage charges that may apply.
Continental is not liable for damage to bicycles that do not have the handlebars fixed sideways and pedals removed, handlebars and pedals encased in plastic foam or similar material or bicycles not contained in a cardboard containers or hard-sided cases.
For International bicycle information, contact Continental Airlines Reservations.

Note: Bicycles will not be accepted during an excess baggage embargo when no excess baggage is allowed.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
rellosk said:
I think most airlines charge EXTRA for checking a bicycle. Here's the text from Continentals website for Domestic flights. Similar text appears on Americans website.

I guess those are the US airlines industry. We dont pay a cent in canada with our charter airlines.

GKC

Mar 1, 2006
Stewart, try BiciCentro

Maybe contact BiciCentro locat on Av. Bartolom? Col?n and see if they can help you. They sell and service bikes and maybe they can come up with something that could work for you. They are nice folks that sell good bikes and are avid in the sport themselves.

Their phone number is (809) 582-4146 and their website is :
www.bicicentro.com

I think the owner speaks some English too.

Hope this helps,

Greg

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I know about BiciCentro. It has just been a long time since I have been in the store. i didn't know if they were still around or if they rent bikes. thanks for the info.