Quality of Job Applicants on this Forum

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh man... people that are looking for jobs and telling us that they speak English. English is a third language for me... and even I see the errors. Fix up your job applications please.

Please people, if you want a job, let someone check what yu rite b'for yu rite it rong.

Just a few -- 'me and my friend' - it is 'My Friend and I'.
I speaky good engli -- actually is I speak good English.

Heaven knows, I should not be saying these things - I do not speak or write the language worth a damn! My errors are all over this site, but I am not looking for a job. OK, I'll calm down now and take out my dentures, put on my sleeping cap and let grandpa tell me the story of Snowhite and the Big Bad Wolf. :D :D

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Chris said:
I speaky good engli -- actually is I speak good English.
:D :D

Actually, the correct way to write this pharse is:

I speak English very well.

Correct yourself before you correct others.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The Voice said:
Actually, the correct way to write this pharse is:

I speak English very well.

Correct yourself before you correct others.
Pharse?? Do you mean Farce?
Actually, it is proper to say "I speak good English", as it is proper to say "I speak English very well".
They mean different things.
The first, means that one speaks the good version of the English language, whereas the other simply means that one speaks the language fluently.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Pharse?? Do you mean Farce?
Actually, it is proper to say "I speak good English", as it is proper to say "I speak English very well".
They mean different things.
The first, means that one speaks the good version of the English language, whereas the other simply means that one speaks the language fluently.
No wonder I can never tell if you are bluffing in poker. How many versions of the English language exist?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
HOWMAR said:
No wonder I can never tell if you are bluffing in poker. How many versions of the English language exist?
You know how it goes.
The Brits invented it, the Canadians perfected it, and the Americans trashed it.
Boy, am I ever leaving myself open on this one.....
Go ahead, y'all.
Take your best shots....

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
You know how it goes.
The Brits invented it, the Canadians perfected it, and the Americans trashed it.
Boy, am I ever leaving myself open on this one.....
Go ahead, y'all.
Take your best shots....
I know, but which is the "good version"? Eh?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You All Might Take A Look At Your "Spanish" Before Tossing So Many Stones!!

I never asked anyone to be perfect when speaking a second,or third language,just to "TRY"!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
That is all I am trying to do ... just to caution applicants to put a little more thought into their posts. And, I meant what I said when I used the 'pharse' (Take Note of the 'pharse', The Voice), I speak good English, but I do not speak English very well and I certainly do not write the language too well.

Criss Colon said:
I never asked anyone to be perfect when speaking a second,or third language,just to "TRY"!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc