visa

JoeJoe

Mar 6, 2006
I am canadian.. and going to the dominican for 18-19 weeks and I was wondering what I need to do when it comes to getting a visa to stay that long? or do I need one for that time period?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
JoeJoe said:
I am canadian.. and going to the dominican for 18-19 weeks and I was wondering what I need to do when it comes to getting a visa to stay that long? or do I need one for that time period?
There may be a way to get a 6 month visa to The Dominican Republic (aka the DR), you can find some information here.

But, most people enter with a regular tourist card and just pay the additional fee/fine (shown here on Page 4) when they leave.

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
JoeJoe, there are others here who can better address your legal concerns, but I'd like to at least be among the first to congratulate you on your use of the newer, more modern term, "the dominican". Some stuffed shirts insist on capitalizing the "t" and the "d", but what the heck!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
JoeJoe said:

You do not need a visa for that long. Just be prepared to pay a small fine when you leave the island propably less than $10 us.($300 pesos)

Last edited: