Hotels in Nagua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I have the names and #'s of 4 hotels in Nagua, ApartHotel Central (no vacancies) Bella Vista, Gran Madrid and Sinai...

Bella Vista and Sinai have vacancies and are not expensive at all...Sinai is 2 blocks from the beach...

Does anyone have any idea on what these places look like and how secure are they?

Have any other suggestions?

We are planning on being there from the 13th to the 16th of April...Semana Santa...

Just want somewhere to crash at night, plan to be at the beach all during the day and going dancing at night...Also, we will be visiting Las Terrenas/Samana one of those days...

Anybody? Only smart replies, please???:cheeky:

Thanks...

MQ

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I've stayed at the Sinai. It may be 2 blocks from the beach, but you would never know it. It is an inner-city hotel, but not a bad place. Rooms are nice enough if a bit on the small side, and IMHO tastefully decorated. Cable TV & AC worked fine. La duena is a nice woman who lived in New York for years and is bi-lingual. Entrance is through the lobby only, and at night the front door is locked and the security guard lets you in.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MQ: There was a thread about Nagua some time ago. Why not look it up, since there was some really good information on hotels.

Good luck...

HB :D:D:D

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thanks HB...Actually, it helped me a lot...I just didn't remember anything being written about Nagua before...

The Hotel Cambri still has vacancies and they are only charging $800 RD a night...so I think this is where we'll be staying...

Too bad 'la tia' sold her beautiful apt. in Nagua...or we wouldn't be in this mess!!!

MQ

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
mq. I am not 100% sure but I believe I stayed at the Bella Vista Hotel. Charming; just off the main road; Older Dominican couple. She, he, and staff very helpful and caring. His name is Fernando (? ). I believe a retired doctor. Safe and quite. Always fresh coffee in the A.M.The pace is authentic dominican. And not expensive. 5 minutes from the small plaza by the beach where there is a man who cooks dinner each night using a large cauldron from the back of his truck.They line up 50 -100 a nite. Reqisimo!!! (sp)
Enjoy, John

May 12, 2005
I recently spent a few nights in the Sinai hotel in Nagua. Rooms were small but clean. The only complaint, the water pressure or lack there of inthe shower. My shower had no showerhead on it, just an open pipe. Talk about a lo-flow showerhead. I think I paid around RD$600/night for the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.