Best Restaurants in Santiago?

Tyrox

Mar 23, 2006
Hi, I'm looking to visit Santiago and would like some good places to eat. I know about Pez Dorado so I'm looking for others, I've been there a few years ago and remember eating in some really good ones but can't remember the names. Any help would be appreciated of any great restaurants in this city.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Paparrazzo Calle Mauricio Alvarez #6
809-587-6578

Its off of Duarte going South. Excellent restaurant with very fair prices.

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Good Restaurant

You can also try Montezuma which is opposite the monument on left as you come up to the monument from Calle Del Sol. The prices are not too bad and not as high as Pez Dorado. Also it has an outdoor feel so you can sit facing the street and enjoy the scenery while eating.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
For dinner: Maroma
For lunch: La Campagna

Dont ask me were they are. I know how to get there but dont know any street names in Santiago. However, most people know the places if you ask them.

lem

Jan 27, 2006
to visit Santiago and would like some good places to eat.

Suggestion:

I believe the name of the restaurant is "Centro de Marisco" GREAT PLACE! Great service! Great food! The complimentary "fish soup" is superb. In fact, as an aside, after getting the complimentary "soup", I was wondering if indeed I needed a meal......

Anyway, I ate one night at Montezuma, it was ok.....Centro de Marisco is about one block from there.....a no-brainer to find. What I particularly enjoyed, besides the food, the layout of the restaurant...better said "the facility", for it is truly spacious and sort-of "multicompartmental" aspects, including outside "garden eating......THIS PLACE IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WHILE TO VISIT AND EAT!

(I notice the in the "basement" perhaps one could even "select" one's own seafood (lobster); I also believe that perhaps this establishment does some product selling (fresh seafood) from the "basement...not sure...

check the place, food and service...
(I was there in February 2006 and was told that this place is relatively new)

lem

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If you want a nice restaurant very late at night, after clubbing all-night, 3am or later .

El Carritto de Marchena on Estrella Sadhala

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
lem said:
to visit Santiago and would like some good places to eat.

Suggestion:

I believe the name of the restaurant is "Centro de Marisco" GREAT PLACE! Great service! Great food! The complimentary "fish soup" is superb. In fact, as an aside, after getting the complimentary "soup", I was wondering if indeed I needed a meal......

Anyway, I ate one night at Montezuma, it was ok.....Centro de Marisco is about one block from there.....a no-brainer to find. What I particularly enjoyed, besides the food, the layout of the restaurant...better said "the facility", for it is truly spacious and sort-of "multicompartmental" aspects, including outside "garden eating......THIS PLACE IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WHILE TO VISIT AND EAT!

(I notice the in the "basement" perhaps one could even "select" one's own seafood (lobster); I also believe that perhaps this establishment does some product selling (fresh seafood) from the "basement...not sure...

check the place, food and service...
(I was there in February 2006 and was told that this place is relatively new)

lem
Agreed. I ate there in late February, too, and had an excellent meal, very reasonably priced.

Tyrox

Mar 23, 2006
Thanks for all the replys! I didn't expect to get so many. Can any of you tell me what exactly the food is in these restaurants that you've mentioned? I loved the food at pez dorado, always got chicken that I believe was stuffed with ham and cheese and so I'm looking for food like that, not so much the "bandera" food. I remember eating at a really great bakery that had great sandwiches, seems like it was near the cine. Anyone know what that is called?

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
That is La Campagna. ;) I guess. Dont know were the cine is. But they have a great bakery to.