Italian-Dominicans and/or Italians living in DR, take a look...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This I found in the paper of one of the towns in my area, since it sort of includes the DR (read the quotes below, click on the link for the full aritcle) I think it's appropriate for DR1.

"Ask Quintino Cianfaglione about Italian culture and he'll start listing some of the country's great artists and scholars."

"The Wethersfield man hopes his passion about his native country will help him win a seat in the Italian Parliament. For the first time this year, the political body in Rome will have representatives who work on behalf of Italians living abroad..."

"Italians living abroad have been fighting for more than 15 years to have representatives in the Italian Parliament, said Vincent Martino of Stamford, who left Italy in 1950."

"If elected, Cianfaglione would represent Italians living in...the Dominican Republic. The job would require him to spend 30 percent of his time in Rome and 30 percent in his community abroad, with the remaining 40 percent left for himself."

Source: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...,6431855.story?coll=stam-news-local-headlines
-NALs

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
"This I found in the paper of one of the towns in my area..."

So, Nals, you live in Conneticut?

The only thing I see in this report which I think will be a little difficult, is for that Italian man in the US to represent so many Italians living in all of those different countries. Maybe he should represent US Italians and those living in the other countries mentioned should represent their respective communities. I am sure there are enough Italians in the DR to have their own repr. in the Italian Parliament and it would not be difficult to find one willing to do it. Of course, the whole thing probably has to do with the way proportional representation is asigned in Italy.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
juancarlos said:
"This I found in the paper of one of the towns in my area..."

So, Nals, you live in Conneticut?

The only thing I see in this report which I think will be a little difficult, is for that Italian man in the US to represent so many Italians living in all of those different countries. Maybe he should represent US Italians and those living in the other countries mentioned should represent their respective communities. I am sure there are enough Italians in the DR to have their own repr. in the Italian Parliament and it would not be difficult to find one willing to do it. Of course, the whole thing probably has to do with the way proportional representation is asigned in Italy.
1. As I explained in January, I have a foot in Connecticut and another in Santo Domingo. Some members indulge in the Connecticut part and thus, they get their kick out of such. To each their own, is the old saying.

I have had my time when I battered a few members, CC among them (this explains his current crusade against me); now is their turn I suppose. In either case, all things comes full circle and afterwards it becomes old news, especially in the face of new development of other members.

My personal life is of no relevance to anyone on this board and it certainly does not changes my points of views on anything I have posted or towards anyone on this board or otherwise. At least I'm not an American running from the law.. ahem... :paranoid: or from anyone or anything. If anything, I'm coming to those who are important to me for part of the year. Inconsistencies are part of being human, but putting one's entire life online for all people to see and judge upon is just not going to happen.

However, who ever wants to know every bit of info about me, well start with your ownselves (in general, not to juancarlos in particular) and I will follow suit. Until then, the mystery continues...:cheeky:

2. I was simply posting what I read and heard. As for how it would be best to represent the Italian diaspora, well that is for the Italians to ponder about. ;)

In any case, such news affects Italians and Italian-Dominicans in the DR and for such reason I posted here.

-NALs

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Nals, I think it was appropriate to post the link here just for the reason you stated, and most of my post referred to the article itself. I never saw the January post nor had I seen CC's post when I asked the question.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
juancarlos said:
Nals, I think it was appropriate to post the link here just for the reason you stated, and most of my post referred to the article itself. I never saw the January post nor had I seen CC's post when I asked the question.
Esta bien.

Es que hay un grupito de miembros de este portal que estan con sus ataques y no se que es su proposito. Primordialmente, solo son una minoria de los miembros pero cada par de semanas saltan con algo en contra mia. No se por que es permitido que ataquen a uno y no al otro, ya que hay otro miembro del portal que esta en muy feas condiciones en la Florida y se ah prohibido mencionar el nombre de tal persona.

En realidad no se por que esta bien que humillen a una persona y esta prohibido humillar a otra.

Apesar de todo eso, no me molesta mucho, particularmente los de CC por que se por que lo hace. Solo hay un miembro que si me molesta sus posts en contra mia, solo por que no se cual es su proposito. Nunca eh echo o dicho algo en contra de esa persona, en fin casi nunca me eh dirigido a esta persona en todos mis posts, solo en los ultimos meses por este mismo problema. En realidad, no entiendo.

Bueno, lios hay que sobran. Aunque sean lios ciberneticos, son lios como quiera.

Hasta luego,
-NALs

Last edited: