Any news on Russell?

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Russell

Yes its true that Russell has had an accident, he is at present in the public hospital in POP, having been moved from Bournigal.
The situation is not good.
I am in contact with the Foreign Office here in the UK (where I am at this moment) trying arrange to get him moved to the UK.
People are keeping an eye on the situation over there in the DR.
Will know more after the weekend.
I believe both Grahame and Rudy are seeing him today and so may have more info later on.
Kim

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Soooo sorry to hear this...

....Mary and I are both big fans of his. Our prayers will certainly be with him. Please keep us informed.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I started the thread so I think I ought to tell you ...

Unfortunately Russell passed away yesterday. I never knew him as well as I would have liked to, or should have, and now he is gone. He was a real character - a guy who really did know how to live life to the full. I'm sure those of us who knew him will all miss him.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
ditto to that

Russell added a unique facet to the landscape of Cabarete. Mary and I shared a bar room table with him on a number of occations and he always had a facinateing (sp?) tale to tell. He was a real talent. His passing will leave a void in our Cabarete world, we will surely miss him.

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
RIP Russell

I will be back in the DR on Friday to arrange Russells final return to the UK.
I have spent today with his Mother on the Isle of Wight, and she sends her sincere thanks to all who have been involved with helping at this sad time.
A huge thanks to Frankie at Jose O'Sheas, who was Russells guardian angel in his last days.
On Sunday evening there will be a small celebration of Russells unique life at O'Shays all are welcome.
After this I will be returning to the UK where a small service will be held and then Russells ashes will be scattered over the waters surrounding the Isle of Wight as he requested.
Once again thanks again to all involved at this sad time.
"Rest easy Russell you will not be forgotten"
Kim

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
Rest in Peace

We knew Russell for just over a year. He was one of the best. Our thoughts go to Russell himself, his family, Kim and Paul and of course Frankie.
Russell will never be forgotten. Both Russell and his music will live in the hearts of many people
Rest in Peace Russell,
Debby, Brian and Emily

brian richards

Jan 2, 2004
Farewell Big Fellow

As Doodoo said we have known Russell for just over a year. A great talentented musician, a great friend, you will be dearly missed big fellow. You won't be forgotten.
Thanks Russell its been a pleasure.
Love
Brian, Debby, Emily.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
R.I.P Russell

Russell was a talented musician and very good company. I have shared a table with him on many occasions over the past three years, Franks Bar will not be the same without him.

Keith

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
Absolutely horrible

My wife and I spent a month and a half in cabarete this past december and january and got to know russell fairly well as were were at joses most evenings. He was definitely one of the hilights of our trip and one of the nicest people we've met.

It's a huge loss to everyone who new him.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Russell was a great entertainer and we will miss him too.

We enjoyed his humor and his voice was great... we last enjoyed this at Debbys Pantry a couple of months ago when we had some friends from Sweden staying with us.

Good bye Russell .. we will miss you

Jordan will write his own message later

Sylvia, Jasmin & Jordan