What's best place to buy new TV/Bed in Santiago?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
can anyone tell me where one can get the best deals for tv's & bunk beds in santiago?

is it in plaza lama? (i heard lama makes their own appliances, not a good thing)
is it in casa dominicana?
is it in pola (la sirena)?

or are there better places to buy tv's 19-21" & bunk beds?

thnx

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
for tv, plaza Lama

For the bed... SHop around, if you are a cheapskate, have a look at "La Opera" in calle del Sol...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
For the TV buy at Plaza Lama. One of my relatives just bought a Sharp 21 inch for 9,000.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
thank you all.

it seems plaza lama is popular.

are the electronic stuff at plaza lama original? i have heard that they have their own manuf co. that makes their stuff and that they're not good.. that lama is only good for everything but electronics.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
THE GAME said:
thank you all.

it seems plaza lama is popular.

are the electronic stuff at plaza lama original? i have heard that they have their own manuf co. that makes their stuff and that they're not good.. that lama is only good for everything but electronics.
I wouldn't trust it, I can bet a good amount of re-furbs make it on the showroom floor. I remember reading that Plaza Lama was fined for receiving electronics (thru the back-door) with out paying the taxes due.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Ricardo900 said:
I wouldn't trust it, I can bet a good amount of re-furbs make it on the showroom floor. I remember reading that Plaza Lama was fined for receiving electronics (thru the back-door) with out paying the taxes due.

thnx Ricardo for that info. I've heard bad things about electr in lama too.
i guess you're right and it's better not to trust them.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not comparison shop? Try Price Smart, too. Their prices on just about everything are pretty good.
Pirelli tyres 10.5 x 31 15" at 4,200

Also look at La Sirena, Muebles M?ndez on Metropolitana, might have something, And Radiocentro on Estrella Sadhal?, on the left past Honda Renta a Car.

HB :D:D

ace

Apr 11, 2004
El Tigre said:
For the TV buy at Plaza Lama. One of my relatives just bought a Sharp 21 inch for 9,000.
I paid 7,000 at Price Smart 3 weeks ago for a 21", can't remember the brand name , but it's better then the one I bought for 9,000

susy

Sep 30, 2004
where is this price smart store located?

I'd like to check out thier prices. Do they come recommended from dr1 posters??

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's on Estrella Sadhala in Santiago and requires a membership for making purchases.
They often have 3 or 4 models on special, as you enter the store.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Price Smart often has great buys in certain things, like salmon, raisins, barbecued chickens & so on in the food section. Car jacks, tvs, car engine oil, WD30 in the hardware areas. However, one really has to be aware of comparative prices in places like Pola, La Sirena. For security systems, digital cameras, rechargeable batteries & chargers, Radio Shack can't be beat. Canadian Bob.