It is Who you Know!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We've just returned from a vehicle fair (feria). While walking and browsing we got to the Espaillat motors stand. They had one truck that we were interested in but it looked just it little as if it was used too hard. During the course of the conversation, I happened to mention that Marco was a friend of ours and asked if the sales person knew him.

Well, things changed immediately. The sales person told us that if we are friends of Marco's we are indeed family. And, don't buy this camioneta, but go to Moca, he has two others that would be better buys than this one in terms of price and quality. The prices immediately came down considerably. He then took us over to the Espaillat motors tent, introduced us around and told everyone that we are friends of Marco's and to treat us like family.

So, here in the DR, it is for sure who you know that makes a difference. Thanks Marco! You did us a big favour this morning. ;) We all think we need to know a big General or something, but, sometimes we just need to know one another.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky, how about you giving cards to your friends so that we can flash them whenever making a purchase in order to get the lowest possible price?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
lol, Ken,
I actually do very little shopping myself, and get most of my deals by way of choosing the right employee for a purchasing a given item.
The car thing is a hobby.
I get a kick out of it and it gives me an opportunity to get out.
Although I could never live in the interior, I do enjoy the quality of the people who live there.
And the big bonus is, that whenever there's a really good deal on a car, I find out about it, and the guys at Espaillat always give me an extra special deal, in recognition of the many clients I bring them.
The Lexus I just bought, really should have cost 7 or 8 thousand bucks more.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thing is, we just went to look and find out prices. And just mentioning Rocky's name made the price drop and the quality increase - ?twas like magic. Now, next week, we're going to look at the vehicles and perhaps select two or three possibilities - the prices will come down a little more I'm sure. Then, the trump card ... step three ... is to go back again with Rocky (or his picture if he is busy) and I'm sure at that time, they'll simply award our chosen vehicle to us, just for having such august friends.... :laugh: :laugh: