Incredible deal at rocky's tonight.....pls come and visit me

Brooks

Sep 19, 2005
well im not sure what the heck is going on tonite, sunday march 26th,but marco is walking around letting everyone know he is debt free for the first time in awhile and he doesnt feel normal. so he is offering everything on the menu or from the bar for 2 for 1. that means its 2 presidentes for 50 pesos, or 2 orders of 9 ribs for 380.

ted appears to be abit flustered with all the excitement but sasha just showed up to help him out so all is well.

have a great nite everyone and stop in a say hi if you can

take care and stay well (haha amy)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulation to rocky for being debt-free for the first time in so many years. I wonder what changed that is attracting so many people to his place? I mean the food is still the same and always good, the ribs are still jaw dropping delicious, so what has changed? why more people are coming in now than ever?
marc if you could share this secret with everyone, maybe you could save many businesses from going under especially a new business.
AZB

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Marco,

I'd like to congratulate you on becoming debt free.

I hope to that club within the next 12 months.

All the best,

JD

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Possible replies....

Hmmm, let's see now.
1) I feel so naked....
2) Now, I need a wheelbarrow to carry all my extra cash to the bank...
3) Now I can afford a wife.....
4) Now I can afford the $20 exit fee to go back home....
5) I wonder how many people are going to want to borrow money from me
today....(All I have in cash is $17)
6) Now I can buy a Dominican sound system for my car...
7) I owe it all to Howmar's poker games....
8) I guess I should buy a wallet...
9) If I die tomorrow, I leave it all to Bruno....
10) All this stress is killing me. I think I need a massage completo.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
AZB said:
Congratulation to rocky for being debt-free for the first time in so many years. I wonder what changed that is attracting so many people to his place? I mean the food is still the same and always good, the ribs are still jaw dropping delicious, so what has changed? why more people are coming in now than ever?
marc if you could share this secret with everyone, maybe you could save many businesses from going under especially a new business.
AZB
The only secret around here is the rib sauce.
Nothing has changed, except time.
As time goes by, more & more good people gather here, and less & less rifraf.
Now would be a good time to say thanks to all who helped me out through difficult times.
I feel exceptionally lucky to have so many true blue good friends.
May y'all be as happy as I am.

JenRob

Mar 27, 2006
God Bless the Child That Has It's Own....?

Hey, Marco. I just think of sitting in Rocky's with the cool music, cooler Presidente, friendly bar staff, Ted's dry cynical wit, cordial imbibers, lovely dogs, and you hacking in your corner, surfacing to dispense gems of wisdom or rants against nonsence and I smile and want someone to invent a transporter so I can drop in for an evening, even if I have to pay full price!

Congrats on shedding the bonds of debt.

Cheers!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Hmmm, let's see now.
1) I feel so naked.....
A scary thought.

Rocky said:
3) Now I can afford a wife......
An even scarier thought.

Rocky said:
7) I owe it all to Howmar's poker games......
I'm truly touched.:cry:

I really think your success can be related to the way customers are treated at Rocky's. Most establishments in the DR treat their customers as a one-time mark with a bulls-eye on their pocket. They would rather beat the customer out of a few extra pesos, rather than develop a repeat client. At Rocky's, besides serving a high quality product, you always feel that you are welcomed and appreciated.
Besides, your blind raises in poker are appreciated in helping to defray our food bills.;)