Dominican Flag Folding

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Joshua R said:
what are the ceremonial procedures of folding the Dominican flag??

Well when I attended for a few years la escuela primaria somewhere near San Jose Delas Matas, that's in the province of Santiago, first we would sing a song which i can't remember right now, it's been a while then A boy and a girl would take part and with lots of respect and silence from everyone both of us would fold the flag in a triangle and then handed to the teacher. I'm sure there must be more to it, where are the teachers, they must know all the details!!!! :glasses:

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
so its basicly folding it like the american flag? in the sense that when its complety folded it takes the shape of a triangle

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
It reckon having a folding the flag ceremony at schools at all is US influence, apparently including the way it is folded. I've seen it at schools in Surinam as well. It's not done in the Old World.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
According to some of the "Dominican Air Force" cadets I had the pleasure of skydiving with a few years ago..... The flag is folded in the same manner as the US, except that the triangle should end up being all blue, a red stripe is left showing only for the purposes of "luto" (sp?)