Father vs. Adoption.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Anyone any experience in this one. Girl has 2 kids when she was 16 and 17yrs. old.Dominican Father, non supportive and moved on. She has papers to say he has no claim to them. Now she meets a Tourista of course many years older than she. Kids never had Birth Cert.. ( both Fall in Love)( One anyway ). Now Tourista declares himself the father before Lawyer to obtain Birth Certs. for school etc-. Next a few months later they Marry.. Later still Tourista wants to apply for Passports for E.U. for kids.. Problem.. it would appear that he has signed to say he fathered the kids whilst maybe she was underage..( criminal ??? ). .Should he really have 'adopted' the kids. How would he do this... Any insight from you guys or a comment from Mr. Guzman would be appreciated...M

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Sign anything when in Love.

bob saunders said:
I'm not sure if 16 is underage in the DR. It is in some countries and isn't in others.

I guess what I was also getting at was that the Tourista 'thought' he was declaring himself the Father from ' That Date ' ( for support etc. etc. ) when the mother was say now 20yrs. old, and not thinking he may be declaring himself as the bioligical father . Apparantly the document just uses the word 'Father'.. interesting... M.