Santiago to Punta Cana

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
How easily can I make it from Santiago to Punta Cana? How long is it and what is the public transportation?

Thanks

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Assuming you are flying into STI, you will need a cab from the airport to the Caribe tours station in Santiago, where you catch a bus to Santo Domingo. Since Caribe Tours does not go to the East coast, you then need a cab to the Bavaro Express parada in Santo Domingo, where you catch the bus to Bavaro. From there you get another cab to Punta Cana.

In other words, it is not easy at all, and is pretty much an all day trip which requires you leave in the morning, or at minimum EARLY afternoon. If your flight comes in later, I don't even think it can be done in 1 day. The bus portions of the trip are dirt cheap. The cabs are not!

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
thanks

Thanks for the info, a little depressing thought. I am thinking of relocating to Santiago and have lots of friends in the bavaro area.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
If you are living in Santiago and making the trip frequently, you could at least make it cheaply by learning the publico or gua gua routes or traveling light (backpack) and taking motoconchos between busses. It's still gunna be a long trip.