Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default spanish lanuage schools

this may have been covered if so please direct me
    i will be in town there for about a month..and want to take private or small group lessons. i have a place to live having just bought a place. but i don't know which schools or teachers are best. i am not so concerned with grammar for now just to learn to communicate. some advice and direction please.thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are concerned to communicate, you are concerned with grammar -- there is no escaping the latter. However, if you just want basic survival phraseology, then you dont need a school for that. A tutor will do. the best thing would be to find someone who can give you an hour or two of conversation a day, or every other day. When you say "in town" which town do you mean?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spanish language classes

Unfortunately you do not indicate where in the DR you are intending to learn Spanish.
    I sent you a personal message with information on classes in Santo Domingo.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, i am in the caberete area

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macocael
    If you are concerned to communicate, you are concerned with grammar -- there is no escaping the latter. However, if you just want basic survival phraseology, then you dont need a school for that. A tutor will do. the best thing would be to find someone who can give you an hour or two of conversation a day, or every other day. When you say "in town" which town do you mean?

i agree. but i need to be able to speak on some level and to comprehend when spoken to. to speak well is my goal. wher eis that translator chip they said we could implant

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am probably going to be attending a Spanish language school in Sosua (El Batey) in August for two weeks. You can find the website at ilangDR.com. You can take courses for any number of weeks.