Heroine siezure

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I just read the news story about the siezure of 47,000 kilo's of heroine at la Americas airport. Am i the only one that thinks this story stinks? What conditions need to exist to make a trafficker think it is safe to run that size of shipment through the major international airport in the country? What is missing from the story?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
JDJones said:
It was 47.1 kilos, not 47K. That's what the headline said, but the story clarified it.
47K would be the biggest bust ever..

47K would have been almost a five year supply for the entire US market (estimated around 10K/year). The smack must have come from Afghanistan. (When the Taliban were in power, production was nil, but now with US military occupation, Afghanistan is the largest producer of heroin in Asia...)

I wonder what the US military is doing here in the DR?

-

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I guess that clears it up a bit. The decimal point looks a lot like a comma.
Even so, pretty gutsy thing to do.

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Mirador said:
47K would have been almost a five year supply for the entire US market (estimated around 10K/year). The smack must have come from Afghanistan. (When the Taliban were in power, production was nil, but now with US military occupation, Afghanistan is the largest producer of heroin in Asia...)

I wonder what the US military is doing here in the DR?

-
They are probably planting poppies....or encouraging would be good Dominican citizens to give up their clean living and begin a criminal enterprise.

Heaven fobid you from even considering that they might be actually doing some good or dying for a cause they believe in.