Malecon in Puerta Plata ?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Here is a question for athletic people. How long do you think it takes to walk the complete length of the Malecon in PP? How long is it in miles or km?

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Charlielyn-
I don't know exactly, but when I was there in Nov, and Feb 06, I noticed alot of people in their track suits, walking it, in groups of three or four. Always around 5pm or so, and they would be walking up and down. I guess it is their little treadmill.

I have never actually seen Dominican people working out or excerising. This was the first time that I saw any sort of physical activity.

I have seen gyms down there, but never saw people in them working out. I chalked it up to being in the tropics and it being to hot to work out, but these last couple of trips, I've seen more physical activity on the malecon than ever before.

Lisa

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
It takes less than 1 hr to walk Malecon, it is just a few km.

Most acitivity is actually early morning.
The gymns are more active after sunset.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
How did they do that?

carina said:
Now after the remodelling, it is around 5 km.

Please explain how painting the concrete fence, adding marked turn lanes and making the ocean side a no parking zone increased its length?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Thanks Carina. My friends and I hope to walk it each morning for exercise. Could be an interesting venture. I thought maybe we could do it before breakfast then have breakfast in town.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Buzzard, they said in the mayors office when they presented this that the Malecon wil be appr. 600 meters shorter, as the street is wider and straight on more places, some curves are gone.

It is not increased Buzzard, it is less now than before.