Santiago hotel for group of nine

dominrick

Mar 28, 2006
I am taking a small group of nine people ages 28-60 to Santiago for one week in May to rehab 5 homes for Children Int'l in the Cien Fuegos area. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is safe, within 15 minutes travel time, preferably with A/C, and reasonable in price. I have stayed at the Aloha Sol a couple of years ago for about $35 per night and just called and was quoted a price of $65 per night single or $85 double. I need 4 double and one single room for at least 5 nights.
Thanks, dominrick

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest that you contact Hotel Colonial, and talk to Victor. His place is neither spacious nor luxourous(sp?) but it is safe, with A/C, and a dining room on premises. The phone number is 809 247 3122 or 809 582 0811.

It is located in the heart of town, behind the //Fire Station and about a five minute walk to the Childrens International offices.

Lots of good folk have stayed there.

If you need more advice on things Santiago, feel free to PM or e-mail me :D:D:D

HB

Not actually behind the fire station, but about a block and a half away...:p:p

dominrick

Mar 28, 2006
Hotel Colonial

Thanks for the info. I saw the earlier posts on the Hotel Colonial but I did not know the location in proximity to the Children Int'l office. Sounds like it should work. We have a married couple that is 60 ish and a couple of women age 28 and 40. It sounds like you consider this place ok from a safety standpoint. I wouldn't hesitate using this place myself, but I need to make the decision for the group. Do they have a website?
Thanks again,
dominrick

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
badpiece33 said:
I would Suggest Plantino hotel in front of the University little more expensive than Colonial but much nicer and better area all around.
I agree. Although I'm not sure how close Hotel Platino is to the Children Int'l office; it is in a much nicer area of town.

The Hotel Colonial is in what I would consider a seedy area of town. While it probably is safe, it's very noisy and dirty, with many panhandlers.

Here is the website for the Hotel Platino. The only downside is that the standard rooms are tiny. When you make your reservation, ask about there corporate and/or weekend rates.

dominrick

Mar 28, 2006
hotel for nine

I have no objections to the prices quoted for Hotel Platino, however, it looks like it is closer to the airport. Children Int'l office is on Avenida Presidente Antonio Guzman #98 Altos (Antigua Ave. General Lopez) Esquina Salvador Cucurullo. I have been trying to find a city map of Santiago with the streets identified, but if there is one out there either on the internet or to be purchased I can't find it. Without a map it is very difficult to get a handle on where everything is at in relationship to one another.
Do you know how far the Platino is in relationship to the Aloha Sol hotel? Or the monument? Or where I might be able to find a map?
Thanks for your help,
Dominrick