Ride from STI to Cabarete???

emilyjoy

Mar 28, 2006
I found this forum today and love it! I am travelling with a friend next week to STI (arriving in the middle of the night on Jetblue) and am taking a taxi to cabarete, he's charging $80 US. Are there any other cheaper options for me?? We get in around 1am, thanks!

Sep 19, 2005
you will find out if the savings of jet blue is worth the hassle of the arrival times.....1 am...crazy

I bet you have 10% of the options available to those who come in between 9 am and 9 pm when you arrive at that hour.

I doubt the buses leave at that time of the night.....a cab is probably your only bet for leaving from the airport at 2 am.

or you could go crash someplace and have a few more choices in the morning....

if you do a search you will find plenty on that trip, from buses to other taxis and the fees that people have paid....good luck

bob

Your price in the wee hours of the morning is a decent deal, it is at least 1.5 hours, so the cab is ties up for 3 hours as he will have to return to his home base.
As laurapasinifan says you will have more options in the morning for a bus but will need to stay somewhere.

I particularly like the mountain route through Moca and Arrojo Blanco to Sanbaneta, very scenic!

Sep 19, 2005
speaking of that route( which I personaly like as well)....does anyone know if that route suffered from recent heavy rains like the puerto plata to navrrette route did?

bob