Rain rain go away....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Guys, its been raining in santiago for 2 days non stop. Its raining hard outside 1:28am wednesday and I can't sleep from the noise. I have a feeling this rain will not stop sometimes soon. I hope we won't get flooded like the last time. The rivers get over-flooded and often times the shack roofs collaspe in poor neighborhoods. I have to wash a ton of underwears, socks and towels but no place to hang them dry. Seems like i would have to take dirty laundry to NY on thrusday.
I am simply getting sick of this rain and noise. where is the sun? I thought I was living in paradise.
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That's the price you pay

For having all the pretty girls. Here, no rain but a beautiful winds that remind me of the snow blizzards up in Hudson's Bay many years ago. Getting the best night's sleep I ever got. But I wish the rain stops cause I need to go to Santiago to pick up my car Friday. pm me your phone No.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
No rain in SD last night but was on the chilly side......it poured from the heavens the night before. This morning it's overcast, cool and dampish (is that a word?).

Larry

edited to add: It just started pouring.

Last edited:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
AZB said:
Guys, its been raining in santiago for 2 days non stop. Its raining hard outside 1:28am wednesday and I can't sleep from the noise. I have a feeling this rain will not stop sometimes soon. I hope we won't get flooded like the last time. The rivers get over-flooded and often times the shack roofs collaspe in poor neighborhoods. I have to wash a ton of underwears, socks and towels but no place to hang them dry. Seems like i would have to take dirty laundry to NY on thrusday.
I am simply getting sick of this rain and noise. where is the sun? I thought I was living in paradise.
AZB
Don't worry about clean underwear, Badpiece said you could wear his.;)

Sep 19, 2005
AZB I bet you could walk to the laundry-dry cleaner store. I take my clothes into santiago...cheap! get everything back folded and pressed the next day!

the one in Li CEy closes for 2 hours in the middle of the day plus they take over a day and a half when they are fast!! it is worth it to drive into santiago.

I think the last load of mixed clothes i took to santiago cost me 250 pesos!!!

plus you can always say another woman had your underwear in her hands !

you know what else sucks about all the rain is driving on the barrio roads!

not that they are bad( they are), but you have to be careful not to splash the people on the side walks with the muddy water from the potholes! and you have to watch for the same thing when a motorconcho or motorcycle comes by.........its something that is easy to forget about!

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
AZB I bet you could walk to the laundry-dry cleaner store. I take my clothes into santiago...cheap! get everything back folded and pressed the next day!

the one in Li CEy closes for 2 hours in the middle of the day plus they take over a day and a half when they are fast!! it is worth it to drive into santiago.

I think the last load of mixed clothes i took to santiago cost me 250 pesos!!!

plus you can always say another woman had your underwear in her hands !

you know what else sucks about all the rain is driving on the barrio roads!

not that they are bad( they are), but you have to be careful not to splash the people on the side walks with the muddy water from the potholes! and you have to watch for the same thing when a motorconcho or motorcycle comes by.........its something that is easy to forget about!

bob
Hey bob, I took my sports jacket and a few pants to be drycleaned but I would never take my underwears to dry cleaners. I mean , I use my under wears to gym and sweat so I don't think they need to see my personal items. I will wash them at home and dry them in my neighbor's house. Don rafael is from NY and came equipped with everything. He thinks he is still in NY. The man had a gas powered generator that turns on automatically in blackout and can light up a whole block. He installed a super dooper huge muffler so you can hardly hear his machine at work.
About driving in barrios: I know what you mean. You can't see the damn potholes in rain and can damage your car seriously or can splash someone and ruin their clothes. The motoconchos are the worst at this job.

Talldrink. I only stay a day or 2 in NY, because my main destination is always atlanta (down south). One of these days I will show up at your gathering in NY.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ricardo900 said:
Hey bob,

Where's the Dry Cleaner in Santiago located??

thanx
ricardo, lavandarias are dry cleaners. So if you see a sign that says: lavandaria, lavado en seco, or simply dry clean = dry cleaners.
You can find a few of them in las carreras avenue.
AZB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Talldrink. I only stay a day or 2 in NY, because my main destination is always atlanta (down south). One of these days I will show up at your gathering in NY.
AZB

Te lo pierdes tu mi amor...

Sep 19, 2005
AZB said:
ricardo, lavandarias are dry cleaners. So if you see a sign that says: lavandaria, lavado en seco, or simply dry clean = dry cleaners.
You can find a few of them in las carreras avenue.
AZB

thats the road i was thinking of AZB!

there are two on the same side of the road about 4 blocks apart

the one further up the road(towards the hill) is better i think....

hey AZB these people are professionals..seeing sweaty smelly clothes is the norm.........even if someone comes in with huge racing srtipes in thier underwear.. these people have seen it before! ha ha ha

you mention the muffler, i was thinking the same thing about buying a gas fired generator...Id have to make sure I got a monster muffler...because who wants to listen to that drone all day long?

does your buddy have a outbuilding that the generator is in?

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, the generator is professionally installed by an american from NY (his son inlaw who is the dealer as well for these machines). Its the best one I have seen and huge. They built a small room on the outside and a huge muffler pipe is sticking out reaching high so the fumes stay off the human level on the street. This generator is installed with american wiring and fuse boxes. Its all safe and very efficient. makes almost no noise at all with the dominican custom made muffler.
AZB