Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain rain go away....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Rain rain go away....

Guys, its been raining in santiago for 2 days non stop. Its raining hard outside 1:28am wednesday and I can't sleep from the noise. I have a feeling this rain will not stop sometimes soon. I hope we won't get flooded like the last time. The rivers get over-flooded and often times the shack roofs collaspe in poor neighborhoods. I have to wash a ton of underwears, socks and towels but no place to hang them dry. Seems like i would have to take dirty laundry to NY on thrusday.
    I am simply getting sick of this rain and noise. where is the sun? I thought I was living in paradise.
    AZB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That's the price you pay

For having all the pretty girls. Here, no rain but a beautiful winds that remind me of the snow blizzards up in Hudson's Bay many years ago. Getting the best night's sleep I ever got. But I wish the rain stops cause I need to go to Santiago to pick up my car Friday. pm me your phone No.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No rain in SD last night but was on the chilly side......it poured from the heavens the night before. This morning it's overcast, cool and dampish (is that a word?).

Larry

edited to add: It just started pouring.
    Last edited by Larry; 03-29-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    Guys, its been raining in santiago for 2 days non stop. Its raining hard outside 1:28am wednesday and I can't sleep from the noise. I have a feeling this rain will not stop sometimes soon. I hope we won't get flooded like the last time. The rivers get over-flooded and often times the shack roofs collaspe in poor neighborhoods. I have to wash a ton of underwears, socks and towels but no place to hang them dry. Seems like i would have to take dirty laundry to NY on thrusday.
    I am simply getting sick of this rain and noise. where is the sun? I thought I was living in paradise.
    AZB
    Don't worry about clean underwear, Badpiece said you could wear his.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

AZB I bet you could walk to the laundry-dry cleaner store. I take my clothes into santiago...cheap! get everything back folded and pressed the next day!

the one in Li CEy closes for 2 hours in the middle of the day plus they take over a day and a half when they are fast!! it is worth it to drive into santiago.

I think the last load of mixed clothes i took to santiago cost me 250 pesos!!!

plus you can always say another woman had your underwear in her hands !

you know what else sucks about all the rain is driving on the barrio roads!

not that they are bad( they are), but you have to be careful not to splash the people on the side walks with the muddy water from the potholes! and you have to watch for the same thing when a motorconcho or motorcycle comes by.........its something that is easy to forget about!

bob

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey bob,

Where's the Dry Cleaner in Santiago located??

thanx

El Mujeron
    Post Thanks / Like

AZB - how long will you stay in NY? Will we see you this time?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurapasinifan
    AZB I bet you could walk to the laundry-dry cleaner store. I take my clothes into santiago...cheap! get everything back folded and pressed the next day!

the one in Li CEy closes for 2 hours in the middle of the day plus they take over a day and a half when they are fast!! it is worth it to drive into santiago.

I think the last load of mixed clothes i took to santiago cost me 250 pesos!!!

plus you can always say another woman had your underwear in her hands !

you know what else sucks about all the rain is driving on the barrio roads!

not that they are bad( they are), but you have to be careful not to splash the people on the side walks with the muddy water from the potholes! and you have to watch for the same thing when a motorconcho or motorcycle comes by.........its something that is easy to forget about!

bob
    Hey bob, I took my sports jacket and a few pants to be drycleaned but I would never take my underwears to dry cleaners. I mean , I use my under wears to gym and sweat so I don't think they need to see my personal items. I will wash them at home and dry them in my neighbor's house. Don rafael is from NY and came equipped with everything. He thinks he is still in NY. The man had a gas powered generator that turns on automatically in blackout and can light up a whole block. He installed a super dooper huge muffler so you can hardly hear his machine at work.
    About driving in barrios: I know what you mean. You can't see the damn potholes in rain and can damage your car seriously or can splash someone and ruin their clothes. The motoconchos are the worst at this job.

Talldrink. I only stay a day or 2 in NY, because my main destination is always atlanta (down south). One of these days I will show up at your gathering in NY.
    AZB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900
    Hey bob,

Where's the Dry Cleaner in Santiago located??

thanx
    ricardo, lavandarias are dry cleaners. So if you see a sign that says: lavandaria, lavado en seco, or simply dry clean = dry cleaners.
    You can find a few of them in las carreras avenue.
    AZB

El Mujeron
    Post Thanks / Like

Talldrink. I only stay a day or 2 in NY, because my main destination is always atlanta (down south). One of these days I will show up at your gathering in NY.
    AZB
    Te lo pierdes tu mi amor...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast