Sankies only in the DR??

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Just got back from a great week in mexico, and was amazed that the animation team were NOTHING like they are in the DR. It was great because every one was so real. Is it just a DR thing??

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Yes, because it is much easier to wade across the Rio Grande than deal with American or Canadian woman.

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
ha ha like your response Howmar !!
Now princess you know this is not entirely true. It just so happens that that particular hotel you stayed at ,at that particular place didnt have any sankies. However sankies come in all shapes and sizes and from lots of little rocks that they crawl themselves from underneath.And from many many different countries it is certainly not just a Dominican Republic thing.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
**princess said:
Just got back from a great week in mexico, and was amazed that the animation team were NOTHING like they are in the DR. It was great because every one was so real. Is it just a DR thing??

I have to ask you where you stayed? I worked animation in mexico, and trust me there are sankies there too!

Rephrase, which 3 hotels did you visit? and What part of mexico were you in?

Maybe you didn't notice it because they were busy trying to pick up someone else?
Or they are just better at it, and more descreet because the resorts rules for employees are more strict? I will know better once i know where you visited.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
**princess said:
No i went to 3 different hotels, we did some day passes, and i really saw none!

Maybe it's because you only visited for the day - and the sankies didn't have enough time to work their magic......perhaps? :ermm:

Were you in Cancun? If so, which hotels did you visit?

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
**princess said:
imperial las perlas
gran costa real and
riu somethin
You were in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen?
I am pretty sure you were in Cancun because I don't think there is an Imperial Las Perlas in playa.

Riu has sankies for sure that much I can tell you......But unless you went off the property with the animation staff you probably wouldn't know. The rules in mexico are insane for employees. If an animation staff got caught even kissing a guest they would 95% of the time get fired on the spot, unless the boss really really like them, in that case they would get a warning for sure. As my boss said, I don't care what you do or who you do it with just make sure it is on your own time, and off the property.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
**princess said:

I have been to Cancun. And I went for two weeks. I thought the same thing, I think Sankies only exist in the DR. But THEN after being at the hotel, I saw the animation guys working, bu tit took a few days to catch on. They were good. But then when the week ended and anew week started, you really saw it when the new flight came in. So it may be, they were working on the girls who were there for a 2 week period, and you only saw the one week. And for the day passes I agree, I don't think you were there long enough for them to a) notice you, or b) get their "game" on.

Just my two cents
Lisa

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Princess!! I think I have the answer to your question, but I need to ask you this before giving you my 2 cents!! Are you an american citizen???

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
perlanegra said:
Princess!! I think I have the answer to your question, but I need to ask you this before giving you my 2 cents!! Are you an american citizen???

No british

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
perlanegra said:

Out of curiosity, what does that have to do with it?
Whether she is American, Canadian, British or anywhere else?

*Baby Girl

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Thank you Princess!! Got my 2 cents for you!!!

1) Mexicans like to live close to their homeland and that is the USA, if you were to be from the USA things would have probably been diferent from the minute you arrived in Mexico. Just like in the DR they know you aren't from there. The only diference is that Dominicans will get adjusted whereever they live (if they get to convice you to marry them!!)as long as they are away and doing better than home, they will be fine.

2) You didn't stay long enough as others have had already told you.

Belive me!!! I was marry to one!!

Met the boy 23 y/o when I was 32 and met him in Cancun, I was staying there for 3 weeks at a very nice Hotel. He was very charmin and cute, would have brought the moon down to my feet if I wanted to. Everything about this kid was just wonderful!! I came back to California and the night I arrived I was very surprise to hear the most beautiful voice message in my answering machine, guess who was it from???

Well, we kept in contact and just as Dominicans do, he used to tell me how much he missed me; and how much he wanted me to go back to see him!! (been a Dominican I kept telling myself: Que tipo que tiene muela, le gano a los Dominicanos!!) Sent me a Western Union, and there I went, 3 months later!! Met his family who by the way lived in a very nice house and they showered me with smiles and favors all the time I was there!! One day he called me and asked me if I could come back to Cancun, that his family was going to pay for the ticket and not to worry about a thing. Got to Cancun just to realize that I was going to marry this child!! Did you read this?? Marry him!!! They had everything prepared (as a beautiful surprise) and just like a stupid will do, I fail for it. What the heck I had nothing to loose and he loved me!! (Supposdly!)

I came back to the states and the phone calls were raining, the boy couldn't stay in Mexico knowing that I was here by myself and that he wanted me to file for him to come over ans stay with me!!! I spoke with my mom and explain about my estupidity and she told me to keep him in Cancun as long as I could and that if he really loved me, he will wait as long as I wanted too.

A psycologist Dominican friend of mine, asked me that she wanted to meet/see this guy and that she wanted us to go over without letting him know. Want to know the end?? Got to Cancun, went straight to the Hotel he worked at, and to my surprise he wasn't in that day. Very concern I went to another employee and asked about him in English, he asked me for my name and I answer that I was his wife and if there was a way I could get in touch with him as soon as possible, because I had left my cell phone at home in Los Angeles. He got in the phone and thinking I didn't speak spanish he phoned my HUSBAND and told him that his other girl was in the hotel, he asked WHICH one and the guy answered "La morena bonita del pelito corto que estaba aqui hace tres meses" "The pretty dark skin lady with short hair that was here 3 months ago"!!! He answered stop talking!! She speaks spanish!!! and after the crazy look the boy gave me I told him not to tell me anything because I heard!!

Enjoyed my weekend and was back to LA on Twesday, heart broken but with enough stranght to hire an attorney in Cancun to file for my divorce!!

I just want you to understand that been a Sankie is a way of life for many people and yes they are everywhere and not only around the beaches as many of the smart people in this thread have explained before!!

and yes, while there I saw many Mexican Sankies!!

2 long cents!!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
perlanegra said:
Thank you Princess!! Got my 2 cents for you!!!

1) Mexicans like to live close to their homeland and that is the USA, if you were to be from the USA things would have probably been diferent from the minute you arrived in Mexico. Just like in the DR they know you aren't from there. The only diference is that Dominicans will get adjusted whereever they live (if they get to convice you to marry them!!)as long as they are away and doing better than home, they will be fine.

2) You didn't stay long enough as others have had already told you.

Belive me!!! I was marry to one!!

Met the boy 23 y/o when I was 32 and met him in Cancun, I was staying there for 3 weeks at a very nice Hotel. He was very charmin and cute, would have brought the moon down to my feet if I wanted to. Everything about this kid was just wonderful!! I came back to California and the night I arrived I was very surprise to hear the most beautiful voice message in my answering machine, guess who was it from???

Well, we kept in contact and just as Dominicans do, he used to tell me how much he missed me; and how much he wanted me to go back to see him!! (been a Dominican I kept telling myself: Que tipo que tiene muela, le gano a los Dominicanos!!) Sent me a Western Union, and there I went, 3 months later!! Met his family who by the way lived in a very nice house and they showered me with smiles and favors all the time I was there!! One day he called me and asked me if I could come back to Cancun, that his family was going to pay for the ticket and not to worry about a thing. Got to Cancun just to realize that I was going to marry this child!! Did you read this?? Marry him!!! They had everything prepared (as a beautiful surprise) and just like a stupid will do, I fail for it. What the heck I had nothing to loose and he loved me!! (Supposdly!)

I came back to the states and the phone calls were raining, the boy couldn't stay in Mexico knowing that I was here by myself and that he wanted me to file for him to come over ans stay with me!!! I spoke with my mom and explain about my estupidity and she told me to keep him in Cancun as long as I could and that if he really loved me, he will wait as long as I wanted too.

A psycologist Dominican friend of mine, asked me that she wanted to meet/see this guy and that she wanted us to go over without letting him know. Want to know the end?? Got to Cancun, went straight to the Hotel he worked at, and to my surprise he wasn't in that day. Very concern I went to another employee and asked about him in English, he asked me for my name and I answer that I was his wife and if there was a way I could get in touch with him as soon as possible, because I had left my cell phone at home in Los Angeles. He got in the phone and thinking I didn't speak spanish he phoned my HUSBAND and told him that his other girl was in the hotel, he asked WHICH one and the guy answered "La morena bonita del pelito corto que estaba aqui hace tres meses" "The pretty dark skin lady with short hair that was here 3 months ago"!!! He answered stop talking!! She speaks spanish!!! and after the crazy look the boy gave me I told him not to tell me anything because I heard!!

Enjoyed my weekend and was back to LA on Twesday, heart broken but with enough stranght to hire an attorney in Cancun to file for my divorce!!

I just want you to understand that been a Sankie is a way of life for many people and yes they are everywhere and not only around the beaches as many of the smart people in this thread have explained before!!

and yes, while there I saw many Mexican Sankies!!

2 long cents!!

Sorry to hear that, but its a good thing you found out sooner rather than later!
Hope it didn't take you to long to get over him!

*Baby Girl

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Baby Girl!!! It did hurt and still hurts, but this situation has not stoping me from enjoying life and instead it has thought me not to believe everything I see or hear. To just look around and pay attention to the signs out there. Luckily me, I have a very supportive family, who are not there in every event of my life, but for sure are when bad times arises!! My divorce should be finalized very soon!!

THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!!