ESL Jobs

Sos

Mar 29, 2006
I am considering moving to the DR for about a year and I was hoping to find a job teaching English while I was there. Can anybody recommend some good language schools in Santiago. I have a TEFL certificate with 2 years experience and I am also certified to teach high school in the states. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
If you have a certificate to teach from the states, I recommend going to an international school job fair and try and get a job that way. That is the best way to make an expat living wage.

Someone posted about their experience with Carol Morgan--from what I hear a great school, and pricey--and that the applicants for the positions had superior qualifications. In a small country with few international schools I think you will find the applicant pool to have at least a master's degree or the equivalent ten plus years in the field.

However there are many institutes, etc., that will hire....

Try Dave's Esl Cafe (www.daveseslcafe.com). There is a Caribbean forum. I post there as Alitas and I have listed some schools there that I know of that are hiring but not for a living expat wage. Which means, come with money saved up to live the experience.

Sos

Mar 29, 2006
Thanks for the help

I appreciate the suggestions. If anybody could recommend a specific language school in Santiago that would be extremely helpful.