Buying land or not

Ivan

Mar 30, 2006
Hi, I am new to this thing- I have read some of the previous notes on this topic, but none have answered my question. I want to know If I plan to open a drop in shelter for street kids in DR, do I have to buy the land, out of pocket, that the place will be built on or can I ask the governmen for the land or some money to buy the land. And is there someone I should speak to in DR for help with the whole starting an orgranization process?

andujar6

Sep 20, 2004
might be right answer

Well, as far as the gov. donating land. the answer is yes w/ strings attached, and no if you want to dependantly run the place. if you turn to the gov for help w/ a local politician then he/ she is most likley going to ask for something in return. If you privately do it. Then after your established, you will become a leader in the community, and politicians will have to give you cement, and things for your support... I hope I pointed you in the right track. Where did you have in mind???

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There really is little need, Ivan, to continue your thread in a new thread just becuase people are wondering how legitimate you are. And especially since this question is nearly word for word with what you asked once in that post.

And I bet you won't get donations of anything from a government with no money to donate and too corrupt to care.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Ivan, forget what this idiot "grande pollo" is telling you, he doesnt live here, he has no knowledge of the place, and he doesnt even speak Spanish properly. Grande Pollo if you had taken the time to read the dates of Ivan's posts you would have realized that this one here was posted first. Ivan posted in several sections because he didnt know which category was best, so he tried a shotgun approach. Take your head out of the toilet you live in and stop insinuating things about the morals of people you dont even know. You are a real ****ant. ( no reason that should be bleeped: the word is p-i-s-s-ant)

Last edited: