Thread: buying property

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default buying property

Hi, I have a question that might be stupid but I can't find the answer. If you are buying a porperty in the DR and paying with your savings. How do you actually pay for the home. Can you give a cheque from an account in your home country? How do you transfer the funds?

Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by isabelle13
    Hi, I have a question that might be stupid but I can't find the answer. If you are buying a porperty in the DR and paying with your savings. How do you actually pay for the home. Can you give a cheque from an account in your home country? How do you transfer the funds?

Thanks

Always go through the lawyers account either with cheque or wire it from your home country. Use the lawyer account though to protect yourself (providing it is a trustworthy lawyer)...tom

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wire funds to In Trust account of your lawyer. Typically, 10% on agreement, the rest on closing date. Use a trusted lawyer such as Guido Perdomo or Guzman. Good luck, let us know if you need more info, we are here to help.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in the DR, if it is in the capital, I now a lawyer who is of my family that can check to see if this property you are buying really belongs to who they say it belongs too, she can do the title search for you. And take care of the trust account also.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks Hermit, I have not decided on buyin yet but I will make sure to contact you once I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if there is something I am not aware of, but I think sending your money in trust of your lawyer is a pretty risky move.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hermit17403
    Where in the DR, if it is in the capital, I now a lawyer who is of my family that can check to see if this property you are buying really belongs to who they say it belongs too, she can do the title search for you. And take care of the trust account also.
    We also offer advertising on DR1, feel free to email me for rates.
    Any future posts of this nature will be moved. [email protected]

isabelle13, I suggest you use a reputable lawyer that comes with many great testimonials from people here on DR1. e.g. Fabio Guzman, RVHB etc.