French translation of a website

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I am looking for someone to have a website translated from English to French on behalf of a client of mine.
The website is up and running in English and we are now working to make it in French.
Please email me your name and the price you would request for the work, and we will get back to the person that can offer us a good service to a resonable price.

The website in question is www.isairatours.com

Email: pocolocoweb@gmail.com

Thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well, it's a long way from home, but my sister does professional translations, from English to french, and the reverse.
If you do not find anyone to satisfy your needs, I could put you in touch with her.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Rocky said:
Well, it's a long way from home, but my sister does professional translations, from English to french, and the reverse.
If you do not find anyone to satisfy your needs, I could put you in touch with her.

Thanks Marco. I let you know if needed.;)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
carina said:
I am looking for someone to have a website translated from English to French on behalf of a client of mine.
The website is up and running in English and we are now working to make it in French.
Please email me your name and the price you would request for the work, and we will get back to the person that can offer us a good service to a resonable price.

The website in question is www.isairatours.com

Email: pocolocoweb@gmail.com

Thanks.
Quite an original way to spam. (Just joking) There are a few people in Sosua I know that also do that type of work. If you have no success with the above, pm me.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks Eddy.

I put this up as I would like to encourage the local market, even for expats.
Of course I can go to any translation company in US or Europe, but I don?t want to do that for the above reason.
I know there are tons of great people around, just here!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Many local translators work through proz.com. There is one very good English/French and Spanish/French translator who lives between Sosua and Cabarete. He works only through proz.com. A few others as well. If you list your job there, you can specify a translator from the Dominican Republic.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There's French, then there's French..

Carina,
I could translate any English website into French in minutes, but there's a big difference between just translating, and actually "saying it in French".
We see adverts & websites all the time that are too literally translated from another language, and it seems so amateurish.
Although I cannot translate professionally, I would be glad to look at any translation you get done, and tell you if it was well done or not.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Rocky said:
Carina,
I could translate any English website into French in minutes, but there's a big difference between just translating, and actually "saying it in French".
We see adverts & websites all the time that are too literally translated from another language, and it seems so amateurish.
Although I cannot translate professionally, I would be glad to look at any translation you get done, and tell you if it was well done or not.

That is very, very true.
Right now I have someone going thru their English text ( as it was very local (hmmm ) and I do not do proof reading...
Thanks, as always Marco.:squareeye

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Translation

Carina, I sent you my resume on your e-mail, please don't forget me.....
My mother language is French and I "feel" English language quite good, so....
Also the subject of this translation is something interesting. I would translate this web site with pleasure.