Travelling from Santo Domingo to Pta Cana

Silvia

Mar 31, 2006
Hello everybody, I?m from Argentina, I?m going to Santo Domingo next 18 of may, would like to know a cheap transportation to Punta Cana, I think to stay 2 days in Santo Domingo and then I?m going to Barcelo Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana, if anybody know about it, please notice me.
Sorry about my english!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The Bavaro - Santo Domingo Express departs Santo Domingo at 7 & 10 am, 2- 4 pm daily from the corner of Juan Sanchez Ramirez #31 and Av Maximo Gomez (across the street from El Nacional Supermecado). The fare is around RD$ 230. It is a 3-4 hr ride depending on traffic and time of day. You can arrange with the driver to drop you off at the entrance of the Barcelo. Seating is a first come first serve basis, arrive at the bus stop no later than ? hour before departure.

Regards,
PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I second PJT's recommendation. Best way to go unless you can afford to take a flight. Have fun!

hanklee

Apr 24, 2006
santo domingo to punta cana

is it advisable to drive from santo domingo airport to punta cana by rental car?
how long will it take and how are the roads?
how far and best route to las terrenas from punta cana
thanks

HAL

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
hanklee said:
is it advisable to drive from santo domingo airport to punta cana by rental car?
how long will it take and how are the roads?
how far and best route to las terrenas from punta cana
thanks

HAL

I'm going to try to keep this response simple.

If you have good driving experience (road smarts) and confidence you may do OK driving in the D.R. If not, use public transportation or for hire transport, especially if you are a first timer on the island.

The roads to Punta Cana from Santo Domingo are reasonable by island standards, some highway, intercity, and local roads. Signage (routes-directions) are less than desirable. Night driving is a definite no-no. Travel time for a driver experienced with island driving behavior and routes would be within 2?-3 hrs.

Las Terrenas from Punta Cana via surface vehicle is a day long affair as one would route back through Santo Domingo from Punta Cana to transit to Las Terrenas. There is a route involving surface and water. It would be surface transport from Punta Cana to Sabana del Mar where one would transit Samana Bay by passenger ferry to Samana to then acquire surface transport to Las Terrenas - it also could be a day long transit. Another option (best) is to fly domestic air from Punta Cana to Samana (air time less than an hour) and then take surface transport from airport (could be available in air package) to Las Terrenas.

You may use the search program ( Search ▼ ) located at the top banner to seek more information or you may post for more detailed information from the forum.

Regards,
PJT