DORADO CLUB RESORT in playa dorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy1

Mar 25, 2006
has anyone any information on this hotel please ,myself and my family are going here on 12.9.06 and would appriciate any inside info
many thanx

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Kathy1,
Welcome to DR1. You have posted in tha forum for reports on trips made to the DR. To receive responses to your questions it would be better if you posted one forum up under General. I'm sorry but I have no information on the hotel you are asking about.

Rick

L

lovesthebeach

i did a day pass in feb 06 and thought it was a very cute hotel.
definitely smaller then most of the others

i was very sceptical due to its reviews and somewhat iffy reputation..some love it and others hate it but i think they have done a lot of renovations to try to make it better

i had always heard terrible things about the food but was very pleasantly surprised when i went.......drinks were comparable to other hotels.....no imports though only local brands....but believe me after a few it doesn't matter anyway!;)

we had great service as the resort is fairly small....less wait times for drinks etc.

i think this hotel is geared to young and fun...whether you are a family or single with friends.

i remember i thought it was pretty neat that people were waiting for the afternoon games by the pool to begin....more so than i have seen before

enjoy your trip and remember it is only what you make of it!

LTB

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
Dorado Club Resort

We're not usually too much for the resort animation teams, but we did play the games there. They make you feel like family. When we left after two weeks, there were a few tears shed among the ladies (my wife and a few staff). One of them presented my wife with a little gift trinket. Kind of sweet.

Tom

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They make you and your kids feel safe and at home. I have not been there for some time, but we have spent weeks there and never had a major problem. And we travelled with a bunch of little kids.
The people that look after the children are wonderful.
You will enjoy your stay..count on it.

HB :D:D

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I had a nice time at this resort but my room was the worst I have ever had in Playa Dorada.
Small, dark, and dingy.
Breakfast is great with fresh bacon and eggs made the way you like.
The breakfast cook told me he wants to find me a wife but I told him another egg will do, gracias.:cool:
Actually, there were a few potential matchmakers at the Dorado club.:paranoid:

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
change your booking! This hotel is the worst on the complex. i used to live there and can tell you that this is a real bad hotel. lots of burglaries and the whole place is old and dirty. Should try Occidental grand flamenco or allegro playa dorada much nicer

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hey Louise,

When we stayd at the Flamenco ( lovely hotel by the way ) the Dorado was being re ferbished. Could be better now!!!

Dan

Edit to add : A date would be usefull! - May 06 the Dorada hotel was being referbed.

Last edited:

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Dorado Club Resort

wishingiwasthere said:
Hey Louise,

When we stayd at the Flamenco ( lovely hotel by the way ) the Dorado was being re ferbished. Could be better now!!!

Dan
:bunny: STAYED THERE IN DEC 2002 MY DOMINCAN WIFE AND I VERY NICE HOTEL NICE FOOD PLENTY OF IT, TEA HOW EVER MUCH AS YOU WANT, NOT A BUSY HOTEL WHEN WE WAS THERE POOL GAMES FOR THE KIDS A BEACH BAR DOWN ON THE BEACH FOR THE RESIDENTS CHICKEN AND CHIPS AND DRINKS ENTERTAINMENT IN THE NIGHT ROOM WAS OK TV IN THE ROOM:cool go on to net type dorado club resort p plata

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.