Missing TV Cable Channels

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
This morning we are missing ABC, NBC and CBS ( channels 30,31,34) from our cable channels. Has anyone else noticed?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think it's time we all get together and go talk to Yoani.
As time goes by, we get less & less decent English channels, and they're dropping like flies.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
How does the cable TV rental work in the DR? - I mean, do they offer different cable TV packages whereby you get to choose the channels you want to receive?

Or, is it just one set fee and you receive whatever they feel like providing?! Hence the current missing channel scenario....

What's the cost per mth and the minimum sign up period?

Thanks
Daydream

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't know the rate for sure, but I believe it's 360 pesos per month, and I don't remember ever signing a contract, and you are correct that there is one package only, hence the disappearing channels.

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Thanks all for the input! Werner, are your channels just bad or have they disappeared? The three channels in question NBC, CBS and ABC are gone, no longer there. SInce we hooked up the new box most of our channels are bad (lots of snow).

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry for taking so long to answer this question.
It was a busy day.
Ok, this is the scoop.
As best as I can tell, none of the channels that are to be removed so that we can only get them with the cable box, have yet been removed, although that is the plan.
I have being seeing warnings on 31 & 34 for the last week, that these channels would be broadcasting in digital as of April 1st, and it would seem that our cable company is not equipped to receive the digital signal, or they may be working on it.
As for the snow you now have since the installation of your cable box, this should not be and you can call the cable comapany to have them rectify it.
I have a direct number to one of the technicians, so I never have to wait, but I always tip him 500 pesos, assuring me of blistering fast resolutions of my problems, so you may not want to use his services, but if you do, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
I know that among others cnn is gone (12 on my tv) and Discovery US is gone (65 on my tv). For the rest I dont see that much tv but many channels are also bad. The only onces really sharp are the onces in the 50thies. 55 and 56 I believe.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Werner said:
I know that among others cnn is gone (12 on my tv) and Discovery US is gone (65 on my tv). For the rest I dont see that much tv but many channels are also bad. The only onces really sharp are the onces in the 50thies. 55 and 56 I believe.
65 has been gone for a couple of weeks now, but we are still getting CNN - 12, loud & clear.
Oddly enough, I presumed you had some bad connectors or wires, as you mention the snow in your image, but usually it exhibits itself more on the higher channels, yet that's where you get our clearest picture.
It's time to phone DeLancers.
Do you need the number?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Werner, there were a few times lately when CNN was either out of service or sound only, but generally speaking, there have been few problems with that channel. My wife is watching CNN as I write this.

Rocky, if you organize a group to talk with Yoani, Barbara and I will be there and Ramona may want to join in, also.

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
Cable TV Channels Gone!

I noticed the same thing yesterday that channels 30,31, and 34 are missing. So, I called DeLancer and the lady told me they were working on it and that it would be repaired by the afternoon. Later on I checked and still no channels. So, needless to say I could not watch the Final Four and any of my other shows. It is time to do something about this. I have been living here in the DR for almost two years and there has always been some kind of problem with the cable. I believe that it is is time to get a satellite dish. Does anyone know where I can get a satellite dish? De Lancer is ridiculous! I am sick and tired. We all need to seriously complain about the service we are receiving!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is HBO on the line up in Sosua on Cable?
I would even settle for The Sopranos in Spanish tonight.
I can not seem to be able to find HBO.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You could have watched the Final Four on Channel 21, ESPN Deportes. The Final will be on it on Monday.

HBO is on Channel 35 in Sosua. The Sopranos will be on at 9PM tonight.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
missing channels

Your ABC,NBC and CBS are MIA as the Prime Time 24 feeds have gone digital effective the 1st of April. It's necessary that the cable company replace their
three satellite receivers with 4DTV units that can receive the feeds. Until they do that, no cigar.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
cable

Jerry K said:
Your ABC,NBC and CBS are MIA as the Prime Time 24 feeds have gone digital effective the 1st of April. It's necessary that the cable company replace their
three satellite receivers with 4DTV units that can receive the feeds. Until they do that, no cigar.

I live in SD and all my channels are back on,although the abc,cbs and nbc are now different home channels....from Tennessee,Georgia and NY...I hope Sopranos are on my hbo tonight....it does not show on HBOLN schedule...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "GOOD NEWS" Is That With "Daylight Savings Time"

The "shows" are on the same time "here",as "there"! I can go to sleep at 11 pm!:bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC