House Construction Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
When purchasing land to build on....what is the rule as far as how you can have the house built. Do some areas require that you have a construction company build the house.....or can you use a "maestro" in most locations. For example, building inside Santiago city limits...would you be required to have a construction company do the building? And how would I determine the requirements on this before I buy the land?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Thank you Hipolito. I just want to know where I would be required to have a bona fide construction company build my home and where I can get away with a "maestro" building my home. I would assume you can't use a "maestro" in somewhere like Naco or Gazcue. And I would assume you can use one in Gurabo, San Cristobal, most parts of Bonao.

Jan 5, 2006
I do not know of such a requirement. Once your plans have been submitted and approved by the local authorities, and all fees are paid, nobody ever bothers you again. No inspections are made to verify that you're building to "code" or for any other reason for that matter.

My house is within the Santiago city limits, and it was built by a maestro, who hired all the different tradesmen. Besides that, I supervised the construction and had the architect/civil engineer come look around twice a month. Honestly, the maestro would have been more than enough.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Excellent information. Just what I was looking for. Appreciated. Thank YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.