how much for the helicopter ride?

Sep 19, 2005
anyone know what they charge of the helicopter ride in or near the playa dorado complex?...i am thinking of taking that ride. My gf has never flown , and we wanted to get some nice photos of the shoreline. It would be similar to going up the cable car which we never made it last trip, because of the rains.

aslo any one drive the puerto plata -navarette road lately ( sine the rains washed out the road in a few areas)..they say they are working on it....i wonder how fast.

bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Don't do it!

laurapasinifan said:
anyone know what they charge of the helicopter ride in or near the playa dorado complex?...i am thinking of taking that ride. My gf has never flown , and we wanted to get some nice photos of the shoreline. It would be similar to going up the cable car which we never made it last trip, because of the rains.

aslo any one drive the puerto plata -navarette road lately ( sine the rains washed out the road in a few areas)..they say they are working on it....i wonder how fast.

bob
Hey Bob you are ruining it for us, stop spoiling her. Your gf is going to tell all of her friends that her american bf took her on a helicopter ride and all of her friends are going to want their american bfs to take them on a helicopter ride. The most I do is take em on a rental car ride,hahaha.

Sep 19, 2005
each man for himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best part is she doesnt come up with any of this stuff. I do, because when i am down there I want to do things...not stay at the house all day. she has never asked for anything, except for me to take her to Higuey to see the butt ugly church!!!!!!!!!

besides since when did you have a GF from moca???? ha ha ha

bob

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
5 min - 35 US
10 min - 69 US
15 min - 90 US
20 min - 106 US
30 min - 144 US

Same for adults & kids

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
carina said:
5 min - 35 US
10 min - 69 US
15 min - 90 US
20 min - 106 US
30 min - 144 US

Same for adults & kids
They actually offer a 5 minute helicopter ride?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
besides since when did you have a GF from moca???? ha ha ha

bob
I am looking for a Moca?a to call my own, but I can't afford to take them on helicopter rides, maybe I'll tell her that I am Canadian and she'll think that I am cheap,hahaha.

Isaira Tours looks like they have helicopter tours on their website.
http://www.isairatours.com/excursions.html

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Prices are a bit strange, but no surprise there. Minutes 20-30 are actually a tad more expensive than 10-20. One would think based on economy of scale, it should get cheaper.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
laurapasinifan said:
per person...or for the helicopter

bob

Well Bob it sounds about right, gas is expensive right now and plus you'll view paradise from the skies and it sounds very very romantic, any woman would love it.
NYC helicopter ride for 5-7 minutes!!!!! is $125.00 for two people!!!!
all u see is a few buildings and central park from above. :paranoid:

Sep 19, 2005
well i think the effect has been achieved even after 15 minutes. the only reason i see going longer is to make it over to another area to see something specific in that area from the air. And thus the extra time there and back .

I sent an email. Id still like to know if that is per person or for the whole helicopter!

bob

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Bob, a customer of mine uses his to pick up parts, and the maintenance is twice of a plane.

When I need to rent one for work...... its $1100hr. So I believe it is per person .

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Cash Is Better...

laurapasinifan said:
well i think the effect has been achieved even after 15 minutes. the only reason i see going longer is to make it over to another area to see something specific in that area from the air. And thus the extra time there and back .

I sent an email. Id still like to know if that is per person or for the whole helicopter!

bob
Why don't you just give her the cash? She might appreciate that more.

j/k,
Helpmann :cheeky:

Sep 19, 2005
helpmann said:
Why don't you just give her the cash? She might appreciate that more.

j/k,
Helpmann :cheeky:

tu es cabeza hueca, tonto!!!!!!!

she has enough cash to take us several times...what your point?

havent you guys beat that horse into horse raddish dip yet?

I guess Ill always have to field dumb ass gold digger remarks about my gf.

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Lighten Up...

laurapasinifan said:
tu es cabeza hueca, tonto!!!!!!!

havent you guys beat that horse into horse raddish dip yet?

I guess Ill always have to field dumb ass gold digger remarks about my gf.

bob
j/k = "Just Kidding"

-Helpmann :rolleyes:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
laurapasinifan said:

Don't worry about the cost then, let her pay.

Now that should be funny.... jajajajaja.

Sep 19, 2005
Robert said:
Don't worry about the cost then, let her pay.

Now that should be funny.... jajajajaja.

I am trying to teach her to save money....I put the money in her account, so she could get things she needs...and going on helicopter rides is something that i dont think she should contemplate paying for.

it is fine when i come, to go out on excursions, and as the man in this relationship I take care of most things.

early on she spent her money frivously....but thats what girls her age do all over the world!...My daughter does the same thing! there are about the same age.

helpman...some days...thats as light as i get

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
laurapasinifan said:
I am trying to teach her to save money....I put the money in her account, so she could get things she needs...

And...

laurapasinifan said:

Either I'm "Dominicanly" confused or she is one smart woman.

Enjoy the helicopter ride....