attending college in DR

coryf

Apr 4, 2006
I'm currently in my junior year in high school, and I'm almost completely sure that I want to attend college in DR. I want to study computer science, and would like to know some schools that would be good to attend for this field. I'm not fluent in Spanish, but I can get around, and I'm not worried about having to speak the language. Could anyone give me an estimate for the amount that I'd have to pay for tuition in DR?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Why do you want to attend a college in a foreign country?
What is your career goals?
Have you spoke to your guidance counselor?
Do you actually think you'll be able to comprehend courses taught in Spanish?
Why the DR??

coryf

Apr 4, 2006
I want to attend college in a foreign country because I want a new experience. I plan to become a systems administrator. I've spoken to my guidance counselor, and the 2 concerns he had were financial aid and safety. I think I'll be able to comprehend courses taught in Spanish. I chose the DR because of family roots there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I would think basic Spanish only would be a huge impediment in higher learning - they are obviously not going to assume language impediments among students, so the content would come fast and furious in Spanish and comprehension would be a huge amount of work.

Not sure how the DR works but foreign students (ESL) here have to take an English test and are not allowed to enter classes and instead in first year take remedial written and spoken English courses until they can pass the tests.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm curious: any MBA or equivalent programs in the DR?