Spanish "Windows"

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
Hi everyone

I'll be returning to DR sometime in May and want to bring my old laptop computer to give to a college student I met on my previous visit. She doesn't speak much English and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site where I could download a "free" Spanish version of Windows XP or something similar?

I'll also bring my wifi plug-in so she can use the internet at the university. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Dwight

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Dwight, as far as I know you dont have to download anything at all, just choose a language preference, and the transition to the language you choose will be made automatically. She can also change her keyboard to International Spanish and thereby pick up all the diacritical marks without having to memorize alot of code. my computer speaks Spanish now, and I didnt download a thing.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You certainly cannot just download copies of XP and expect them to work with activation etc., even from PTP sites or warez sites. Select Spanish as the language when installing XP from a legit disk and you should be OK. Distrowatch is for Linux distros. As is Ubuntu - while easier than before, Linux is not XP .