Always something in Boca Chica

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
it never fails that there is some sort of free show or action in bc. We went to the beach on the 28th and were having lunch at Gabbiano. two or three resturants to the west a guy gets stabbed to death. Jealosy deal over a girl. a son of David, the tall strong guy that used to give massages is a tigure and did the killing.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
boca chica dave said:
it never fails that there is some sort of free show or action in bc. We went to the beach on the 28th and were having lunch at Gabbiano. two or three resturants to the west a guy gets stabbed to death. Jealosy deal over a girl. a son of David, the tall strong guy that used to give massages is a tigure and did the killing.

Man that is freakin' crazy. Did you witness the stabbing?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Dave,
While you're at it, is there any truth to the rumours, posted in another thread, about gringos getting scammed in Boca Chica?
PS: Sorry you had to witness such a sight. It's not a pleasant thing to see someone die, specially when murdered.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Not David.. :(

boca chica dave said:
Thanks for the info. I know David and his kids very well.

-Helpmann :(

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Playa Vista....

bill p said:
where abouts is gabbiano on the beach. was it a dominican that got stabed?
Gabbiano's is the restaurant just west of D' Nancy's Restaurant, which is just west of Playa Vista Bar....

I Love Playa Vista...
Helpmann :)

www.ilgabbianorestaurant.net

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Unfortunately crimes of passion can happen anywhere. I was sorta relieved to hear that it was a dominican vs dominican....but sheesh! imagine being a tourist on your first visit and witnessing that!!! IT would have freaked me out and i have been traveling there for 7 years!

Myself i have never felt threatened in boca chica....and i have stumbled up the hill to candil and costalunga at 1 or 2 am...and i have never encountered any problems.

With all that...i am sorry for the incident...i know David from a few years ago. Kept trying to get us to get a message...and sure was tempting...strong man with big hands. Always seemed like a nice guy. (relieved to hear that it was his son and not him...if you know what i mean)

I did hear of a stabbing in BC three years ago...but it was at 2am in the morning and the tourist (most likely a chica chaser) went to an unprotected ATM on the darker side of duarte. That was just being stupid!

I just hope people dont get the wrong idea and think that they will be unsafe.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Tamborista said:
Boca Chica is not exactly Short Hills at night on Duarte Street.

true that...but it certainly aint the boogie down. common sence goes a long way

May 12, 2005
Tamborista said:
Boca Chica is not exactly Short Hills at night on Duarte Street.

Short Hills?? Well well Mr. Fancypants living in such a high class zip code. I didxn't know you were one ofthe nuveau riche Tamborista.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
boca chica dave said:
Did this happen at the new German place on the beach?

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
rellosk said:
Did this happen at the new German place on the beach?
I did not actually witness the stabbing. just saw people gathering in a hurry. he was stabbed 4 or 5 times, people said once in the heart. it was one or two restuarants west of the german place. i think the german place is next to Gabbiano since the guy that used to run madhouse was hanging there. luckily there didnt seem to be too many tourists that day.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Was He Killed...?

boca chica dave said:
I did not actually witness the stabbing. just saw people gathering in a hurry. he was stabbed 4 or 5 times, people said once in the heart. it was one or two restuarants west of the german place. i think the german place is next to Gabbiano since the guy that used to run madhouse was hanging there. luckily there didnt seem to be too many tourists that day.
Are you sure that he was killed? I spoke with a neighbor of David's son (the attacker) this afternoon and the neighbor told me that the assault didn't result in a fatality.

-Helpmann :)

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
helpmann said:
Are you sure that he was killed? I spoke with a neighbor of David's son (the attacker) this afternoon and the neighbor told me that the assault didn't result in a fatality.

-Helpmann :)
I was told he was killed, but you sure can't believe everything. I was told several stab wounds and one to the heart.