From DR to Nevis

sharrisonb

Apr 4, 2006
We are coming to DR for the first time in late July - at the same time my mother in law will be in Nevis - she is moving there next year. Is it possible to get to Nevis from DR easily - either by plane or boat?

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
sharrisonb said:
We are coming to DR for the first time in late July - at the same time my mother in law will be in Nevis - she is moving there next year. Is it possible to get to Nevis from DR easily - either by plane or boat?

Your best bet is to fly to St. Maarten and then fly LIAT to Nevis, if that doesn't work, fly LIAT or A/A to Antigua, then LIAT to Nevis.
I don't believe there is any other way to get from DR to Nevis
Ken

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well, there are the four flights a day on AA via San Juan to NEV plus two a day as well, with AA to St. Maarten - SXM and then Windward Airways to NEV.

The best way to find out this information vs. randomly asking people is to use a site like Travelocity, Expedia or even AA.com.

sharrisonb

Apr 4, 2006
Thanks

ok thanks for the help - will give the trip to Nevis a miss this year as it looks like it would cost ?400 each - nearly as much as our holiday!:ermm:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Recently traveled to Nevis. The way I went was by AA to San Juan, and from there American Eagle to St. Kitts. From St. Kitts to Nevis took the ferry. Caribbean Sun also flies to St. Kitts from San Juan. Inter island travel is expensive. EasyCruise introduced a low cost cruise ship commuter for the southern Caribbean. Let us hope this is a success and they bring another one further north for later this year.