New DR Website.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Looks interesting. Are you associated with the new website? If so, congratulations.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Ken said:
Looks interesting. Are you associated with the new website? If so, congratulations.
No association Ken.

AFAIK it's a DR government tourism site. Here's the announcement I received:

"The Dominican Republic launched its new Web site at www.godominicanrepublic.com. The user-friendly site includes a trip-planning section and suggestions for activities and sightseeing. Luis Simo, vice minister of tourism, said the destination's recent growth spurt made it "essential to develop a website that will grow with us and our visitors' need for information." "

I posted it purely for information.

Gregg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It is the official site for the DR. It was developed by an ad agency for the DR govenment.

Sep 19, 2005
in the night life section they list just night life for the north coats and the south coats. is the info for the north coats still valid?....seemed like the biggest disco in sosua wasnt there....and I havent heard of one int he playa dorado complex , they list.

bob

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
It seems exclusively aimed at US visitors; under aerol?neas it only lists US companies flying to Dominican airports.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The site has lots of outdated info.

Go look at the interactive map.
They have no idea of the location of some places.

This is supposed to be the new flagship site, how sad!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
They have this similar site for Puerto Rico also...

Nothing in it that we don't already know about DR....and yes, tons of outdated info...

Leave to the DR government to not take advantage of the world exposure of the country as it should! :(

MQ

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Puerto Rico's site (gotopuertorico.com) is atleast like ten times better then that one, and it was also very well advertised (WBC, etc), as I have commented here. However, it is so much better than that other official DR site, I give them that one,

...but I still feel like...

...SECTUR and BVK dropped the ball on this one...

Last edited:

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Map Of DR

Please enlarge the interactive map for the North Coast. It shows Caberete on the East side of Rio San Juan. That is an error.
It should be changed to read Cabrera instead of Caberete.

Jack Wampler

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Oops.

I guess I had better preview the next website I wish to pass on for information.

Sorry.

Gregg
embarrassment.gif

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Robert said:
Go look at the interactive map.
They have no idea of the location of some places.
This is supposed to be the new flagship site, how sad!

Well, Sosua, Cabarete and Rio San Juan have moved a bit eastwards, but the rest looks correct. OK, those are pretty important tourist towns, but still, it could have been worse :ermm:

Sep 19, 2005
Id guess the site was designed by a foreigner...not a domincan...in the contact us section they list a number qwith a 414 area code.....is that a new dominican republic area code?

bob