For you oldtimers:

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
I think I have a half a grip on these car Revista, Placa things.

As I understand it, the Revista needs to be renewed every February (except this year they are later because they ran out, but I guess they are now available). I'm not sure what they represent.

The Placa is renewed every August (before the 3rd) and is the renewal of your license plate, correct?

Now, for the Revista, after you go to the Banco Reservas (where you only need the cedula and the 45 pesos), you then go to the impuestos building near Casa Nelson and get the sticker, right? What do you need to take with you? Original matricula, or photocopy or both? Anything else? How much is the Revista?

For the Placa, do you go through a similar process--i.e., go to Banco Reservas then the impuestos building? What do those cost?

If anyone can explain what the Revista represents, or more information or correct informaton if what I have posted is incorrect, please help.

Thanks for your help.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi! At Banca Reservas, show your Cedula, pay $45RD. Go to Stadium building, follow it around until you see the first building on right. Go in, give a copy of Matricula & insurance & give also the Bank paperwork. A fellow then "inspects" the vehicle (lights, etc).Thank him profusely for doing such a difficult job so well... then back to the office where the same fellow takes the circular "Revista" & puts it on the inside of the windshield (passenger side). That's it, that's all!! Canadian Bob.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
And if your car is sitting in Costambar and can not get it started you pay the guy an extra $300 pesos for the inspection and go away with your Revista.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Revista...

A.J. said:
And if your car is sitting in Costambar and can not get it started you pay the guy an extra $300 pesos for the inspection and go away with your Revista.

And get arrested for corruption?..... Canadian Bob.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Canadian Bob: That answer was perfect! It was exactly the procedure I went through. I am still a little less certain about the Placa, due in August. That is to "update" your diver's license plate, right? Is it more or less the same procedure--go buy the paperwork at Banco de Reservas, then take it with a copy of your matricula and insurance card and go to the impuestos building by Casa Nelson and get the little sticker that you then apply to your own windshield?

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi DogsRule! (In fun) Let's not complicate the issue by asking the impuestos clerk for an updated DIVER'S Placa! (You just might get one!) But ....yes, that is the procedure for renewing the "Placa". (I'm always looking for interesting typo errors....like I spotted the following a few years ago... "The Farmer allegedly fired at the crop duster's plane with a 12 guage ****gun".....

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Oops

Is my face red! Of course, the way people drive around here, you could well need to dive for cover and need a diver's placa! (LOL)