Something Different....(long)

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Well.... to start; most of these threads follow the same pattern. I have a story to tell that even though follows the same "modus operanti" is a little different.

It is November 2005 a college friend of mine, which I have not seen for 15 years, comes to visit me after several conversations about Dominican women during 2005. He is curious about all the stories that I have told him, and he comes for a week. After a few of days in Santiago, he feels disappointed about the women (shocked!!!!), he likes the European type, blonde skinny, no curves but with a big heart. He is from Croatian and Peruvian descent and he likes to spend his summers back in Croatia (By the way, I am the one curious now and I am going to visit him there this summer). He dismissed women in Francicol, Tribeca and Baha. Now I was getting worried. Then I though, Cabarete!! But there was a slight problem; my girlfriend wanted to come with us. The though of my friend and I and all those tourist girls around us didn’t bode well with her. I though, what the heck I am not looking to hook up with anyone anyway so I agreed.

It was 8:00 PM Saturday and we started driving on our way to Cabarete, we arrived around 10:00PM started to look for a place to stay and we found a hotel. While we were unloading our things my girlfriend started to feel sick and nauseous (no, she was not pregnant). I took her to our room and stayed with her until 12:00 am; she was not feeling any better, then she told me just to go and take my friend to the beach, I kissed her on the forehead (she was puking remember?) and told her I was not going to have fun without her (grins), and then left for the beach with my friend.

He had a blast there, while we were walking down the beach we saw a restaurant that had lobsters on a little fountain and made a mental note for Sunday’s lunch. Anyhow, to make the long story short we met a couple of Croatian girls that worked in some bar there and had a blast with them (no, nothing happened, but I have more of and incentive to go to Croatia now). Then we met a couple of locals that were to his liking (and mine wow). About 4:00 am we decided to call it the night and went back to the hotel, he ended up with both girls in the end since I felt like going back to my sick girlfriend.

It is Sunday already and we are up and about at 10:00 am my girlfriend is feeling a lot better already and is pounding me with all sort of questions about the night before, I told her it was rainy and boring but we made the best of it. “at least he had fun” I told her. And then I saw her…. She was wearing this tiny blue bikini, she had long silky black hair resting on a beach chair reading some book, her proportions were not big nor small just perfect, her name was…(lets call her Sama) She was from Samana, 19 years old and a student from PUCMM, she is friends with the owner and lets her stays there for free. (raises eyebrow, something about that made me suspicious but what the heck). My friend had been busy, he had already met her and made a date for lunch in that place we found in Cabarete, not only that but he had convinced her to go with us back to Santiago later that afternoon. So we checked out, grabbed our things and left for the restaurant. We ordered this huge plate of Crabs, lobster, shrimp, octopus and fish (some picadera), we drank a few Presidentes and stayed chatting for about 2 hours.

It was 5:00 pm already and we decided to go back, not before we purchased 3 live lobsters to go. On our way back to Santiago we stopped in Maimon and bought fresh whole fish, our plan was to use my Smoker to cook the fish and lobster Texan style and make a party out of it. It was 8:00pm and a couple of friends had showed up for the party, one of them a gorgeous blond from San Jose the Las Matas, my friend was hooked, but I will tell their story some other time. Lets go back to Sama. The party was in full blast, and the lobster and fish were uhmm out of this world (sorry I am not modest about my cooking skills), my girlfriend had prepared a spaghetti salad an yellow rice that complemented perfectly the seafood.

Anyhow, so far it is has been pretty normal, here is were the story of my friend and Sama begins.

Sama had to leave the party early because her “boyfriend” had called, he told this to my girlfriend, but on a weird twist had already made plans with my friend to go to Las Terrenas for a couple of days. I had to work the next day so was my girlfriend, so my friend decided to rent a car and just drive to Las Terrenas, but Sama had advised him that it would be better if he’d go with someone that knows the place and she offered herself to show him around. Well… red flags were popping all over the place, what would happen if this girl took my friend to some “campo” were a couple of tigres were waiting for him. She even proposed to take her car instead of renting one (that confused me).

After giving my friend all the advice I could about being careful and giving him an extra cell phone I had to get in touch with me if anything happened; he left with Sama on Monday morning to Las Terrenas.

I cannot go into detail of what happened next since I was not there to witness it but I will do my best to tell the story.

My friend was driving Sama’s car following her directions to Las Terrenas, it was an old Toyota Corolla, and the car was driving rough with hardly any breaks. After approximately ? way to las Terrenas and a couple of close calls, he asked when was the last time she had done any work to the car, and she answered “I don’t know, it is not my car, I have just borrowed it” She says sometimes she “borrows” her neighbor’s car when he is not in town. My friend at this point is starting to feel uncomfortable but he did the unthinkable, he stops in the first car shop he sees and pays to have the breaks fixed (what????)
They are drinking presidentes the whole way over there with the occasional Pit stop, after another hour has gone by she opens the glove compartment and pulls out a gun (no it is not what you are thinking), she lifts the gun to pull a bag of weed, and then puts the gun back in place. Then she proceeds to roll a joint and started smoking; my friend joined her. (what the heck!!)

So far that is the most shocking thing that happened during his visit to the DR.

The rest of the trip was normal, the other odd thing was that when they arrived to a hotel in las Terrenas, she wanted a room for herself and nothing happened between them the whole trip.

Here is another odd thing, on the 2nd night they both met a group of tourists and locals in some kind of “Pig picking” party on the beach, in that party they met “Sankiette”. Sama was on a mission, she was out for a hunt, and when she saw Sankiette the search was over. She told my friend “I am going to get her for you, but not tonight, she is not ready yet. I will get her ready for you”. He came to the conclusion that Sama was completely nuts, wacko, a goner, maybe she was in a constant high, who knows. But he went along with it and said ok. “Go get her”.

She brought Sankiette over and the 3 of them had a good time on the party, Sama setup a date between “Sankiette” and my friend for the following day, but before both girls had arranged a shopping date to get ready.

The following day Sankiette and Sama went out shopping, Sama bought Sankiette some clothes, lingerie, sent Sankiette to the Salon to get waxed, had her hair done and make up. When they were done Sankiette looked like a Tyra banks (no kidding) then in a weird act, Sama hand delivered Sankiette to my friend’s hotel room for the night.

There is not much more to tell about his story, only that I can asses that most is true and what my friend told me it happened I believe.

The weirdest and oddest things always happened to us when we were in college, girl wise. Stories that I know are true but when told are hard to believe. I have learned to keep them as my own private memories but at some point in time we even discussed having these stories written in a book. Even though I was not there to witness these events I have no doubt in my mind that they were true. Let’s just say that these are things that always happen when he and I are together.

After he told me this story it is most definitively another chapter in the book that will most likely never be published.

When I come back from Croatia I, most likely, have a story to tell about that trip.

Until then,

Wag