Sos?a in the News

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I understand that Wilson Garcia was shot & killed lastnight.
He worked out of La Mulata, which is a very Germanic area, which may explain why you heard it through the German grapevine.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Rocky, you still don't belive that violent crime is on the rise in the DR?

I am presuming the OP is correct in their assesment that this was a "execution style murder".

G

gary short

Rocky said:
I understand that Wilson Garcia was shot & killed lastnight.
He worked out of La Mulata, which is a very Germanic area, which may explain why you heard it through the German grapevine.

Any insight as to why he got popped?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
rellosk said:
Rocky, you still don't belive that violent crime is on the rise in the DR?

I am presuming the OP is correct in their assesment that this was a "execution style murder".
I truly don't know for sure, and I don't think that anybody does.
Stats are a joke in this country, so we can't rely on them.
The only thing I can rely on is my experience.
As there was so little reporting when I first moved here, yet I heard about just as much crime as I do now, I presume that it is not on the rise, but that we have more reporting and easy access.
It's not like we had DR1 in those days to inform us.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Poor taste,did they have to show the body in a newspaper?

Thanks for the link Simon

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
AnnaC said:
Poor taste,did they have to show the body in a newspaper?

Thanks for the link Simon

You should see the Ecuadorean newspaper - Dairio Extra ! Almost every day they have pics of bodies and blood, I guess people love seeing that and I'm pretty sure El Faro (like the Diario Extra) is selling well !

svmher

Apr 10, 2006
Crime

Gee, I thought about moving to DR, but I think I will stay in Kuwait. I can walk the streets any time day or night,leave my car unlocked, etc. I don't feel like having a guard at my house.

Lynne

rubi92fm

Dec 26, 2004
is it just me being synical, or does the vast magority of violent crimes here have either "lawyer" and "german community" included in it?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Arrested Germans

Simon&Nicky said:
...I guess that's the end of the good service I've been getting recently in restaurants.;)

Which seems to imply that at least one of the arrested had to do with a restaurant.
Can you elaborate?

m'frog

Last edited:

james

Jan 14, 2002
Is the fellow mentioned in the news "Mahmoud Mahmoudieh," the same person thats a real estate agent in Sosua of the exact same age?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Rocky, you know I always get good service in your restaurant regardless of whether or not I'm wanted / on the run. To fill the rest of you in, I live close-by to some of the people that were "in the frame" - It was just a British sense-of-humour thing.

On a serious note the article leaves me a bit baffled, they were picked up in the afternoon and the very next morning the newspaper article says they had the murder weapon on them? So, from the back end of the boonies, they sent the gun off to the balistics lab, tested it, matched it with the spent casings and bullets and got a positive answer in enough time to print the story in the morning edition of the newspaper????

Or did they already have the murder weapon and just somehow or another "found" it on our two suspects?