Thinking of making the move

mamichula24

Mar 28, 2006
I'm seriously considering moving to the DR. I've visited twice this year and I"m planning on going back in January. I've met quite a few people through my travels and keep in touch with most.
My question pertains more to finding a job. Is it recommened to try and find one before I move out there, or once I'm living there?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
If you can find a job before moving isn't that a better idea than taking the risk, for any place really, not just the DR. The bigger question is how to live on typical wages which are quite low.

G

gary short

mamichula24 said:
I'm seriously considering moving to the DR. I've visited twice this year and I"m planning on going back in January. I've met quite a few people through my travels and keep in touch with most.
My question pertains more to finding a job. Is it recommened to try and find one before I move out there, or once I'm living there?

Are you an English speaking fruit picker or a multi lingual CGA or vise versa?

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Me and my girlfriend moved without having a job here. Its hard to get a job when your not in the country concidering that most jobs go by networking.
We saved and were willing to spend enough for staying here for a full year without doing anything. That worked for us, the good jobs you dont get within one or two months. Those take half a year to a year to get. Ofcourse there is always the exception to the rule but I woudnt take a "lucky shot" when it comes to moving to a other country.

I have seen many people "move" here and after 3 months they had to go because they run out of money.