I was wondering

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Since the travel forums expanded to the various areas of the Dominican Republic, do you find yourself reading more, or reading fewer threads? I seem to be reading fewer -- all that clicking to get somewhere -- Is it only me, that seems to read a little less?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I agree. It is easier just to go to the page that you are interested in. Has cut down on my surfing.
Bob K

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't need to do that just click on new posts and you get a drop down window and you have a choice of 30 mins last hour, 2 hour 4 hours etc. Gawd if I had to go into each individualy forum I wouldn't be reading much. ;) Clicking on "New Posts" gets all new posts in all forums and then you choose what you wish to read.

To me nada has changed because I ONLY ever click new posts at the top of the page which also brings up all new threads in ALL forums.

I never go to the main page unless I want to see who's online.;)

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
AnnaC said:
Don't need to do that just click on new posts and you get a drop down window and you have a choice of 30 mins last hour, 2 hour 4 hours etc. Gawd if I had to go into each individualy forum I wouldn't be reading much. ;) Clicking on "New Posts" gets all new posts in all forums and then you choose what you wish to read.

To me nada has changed because I ONLY ever click new posts at the top of the page which also brings up all new threads in ALL forums.

I never go to the main page unless I want to see who's online.;)

I agree - nothing's changed as far as I am concerned either - no need to let your fingers get click happy - just one click does the trick :p

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I always click the 12 hour option throughout the day so that the posts/threads that I don't feel like reading right now don't disappear and I can read them later. ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Agree with the previous posters... why click when you can get the last posts for as many hours you prefer, and pick what?s interesting for you there.
No need to click on every section, for sure.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It hasn't effected the amount of daily posts. We made the change as it makes it easier for people doing research on a destination, plus a few people suggested it. DR1 traffic is primarily travel related and the site will be slowly changing over the coming months to reflect that.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Never used "new posts" before, but it's great. You learn something every day.