Cable Guy and Family Huh ? Wheres My Cable?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Quick funny story .............and not 1 ounce of exaggeration for comedic enhancement.......

My second Black box came today ! The Cable window lady with her 2 kids in tow and a technician to install it !
The woman and the 2 Kids jump out of the passenger side and the techie Crawls FEET First out the drivers side window. You know those low small toyota trucks with the Van back....
I quickly set the TV up in my bedroom and they started to install !
Well Blah Blah Blah and about 6 or 8 phone calls to cable central and NOTHING ! LOL

I am quietly watching. the guy realizes that he didn't connect the cable. The woman explains that he is new and from Sosua ........ but............

Still nothing the screen reads that the box is deactivated

They get another Black box from the truck..........Hook it all up , this time remembering to connect the cable......
Nothing.

they call "centrale" , he is YELLING the numbers in Spanish to a guy on the other end...........

Nothing , the screen still reads that the box is deactivated"

They start to check everything again and then they go to my living room television .They test everything and it seems fine

except.............. now It also stopped working...........worked fine in the A . M.

6 or 8 more calls to the Cable God and still nothing..
Well by now one of her kids about 2 years old is frantic and I see him bite his mothers elbow.she yells something in Spanish ......... She heads outside
and the techie stares at my Television. He checks all the connections
Says something in Spanish which I think included "Cono Caja Negro....... "

He says something else in Spanish , walks out the door and goes ASS First back through the drivers side window........And they all drive off.............

About 10 minutes later another cable guy is going by and I wave him down. He was cool calm and collected. he came in , fiddled with some wires
jiggled a few things then went out, climbed the pole came back in and

Nothing. We are talking about my living room television. I finally get through to him with my Spinglish that there is another in the bedroom which the other techie tried to install

He said there is a problem with the cable and would be back in the afternoon with a new one..........

Nothing.........

That's why I have time to write this long letter !

2 Cable Visits after waiting 10 days for a Black Box, (When I was told it would be at around 10:00 On Saturday, April 1st ) and Now
neither one of the televisions work .

Ya know?, a year ago I woulda been pulling my hair out and seeing whose head I could roll ! . ...........Man have I come down a few notches....... Imagine a night without television !
Instead I Smiled and looked at the guy as he left and simply said
"Gracias , Hasta Manana ! "

Went to the Colmado and Bought a Grande for 50 Pesos and sat on the galleria and watched people walk by and smiled ......

Can't say that I am full Dominicanized yet....but I think I am making strides towards being assimilated ! !

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm bent over laughing.
On the dark side, last Saturday EdeNorte had a major problem on the electric on our street. Blew out 1 TV , a stabilizer and several "Expensive light bulbs". Today at 3 PM another power surge. A few more light bulbs. they guy next door got his meeter, Invertor and computer fried. Another restuarant got 3 freezers filled with food and his music system fried. The lawyer's office in front got his computer and photocopying machine fried. Who know who else were victims. The local electric people came by to tell us that it was a faulty transformer and another team would be in tomorrow "maybe" to fix it. Hope I can make it through the night. Good luck with your cable. But keep smiling.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
MMMMMMMM the Cervezas was good !

Still hasn't come back !
If I go there then I KNOW they will think of me as the Impatient Gringo ....
Oh Well , Ill be on the beach the next 3 days anyway !

Where is My Tono Rosario CD ! Put that on Loop and watch the world Pass !

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
By the way ....Pop a Few Cervezas and those snowy channels will start to clear right up !

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
macocael said:
Eddy were those computers hooked up to CPUs and surge protectors?
I don't know. A big mess anyway. By the way, another high voltage this morning. This time, cost me 2 TV's, 2 fans and another bunch of lights. They said they have it fixed now but we'll see. Gonna unplug my stuff anyway. Have no trust in those incompetent a**holes.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Update

May 11th visited Sosua and met with Mrs Delancer because we are still not installed and for some reason which completely escapes us, the Cable lady here in GH refuses to talk to us ! What a hoot ! She turns her head when my wife and i try to ask if she will be coming by soon ! After all it was March 28th when we bought the BLACK BOX.

Mrs Delancer said she would send a technician from Sosua that she had problems with Gaspar Hernandez personnel and that it was "Campo Mentality". She has the same maiden name as my wife and they seemed to really hit it off. The tech was supposed to be here May 16th . You will never guess ! NO SHOW . It was election day. We gave the benefit of the doubt and waited til the 18th to call because we figured that the dates were simply overlooked and would be here on the 17th. Nope . .
We called on the 18th and spoke with MR. DELANCER himself..... the chief cook and bottle washer ! He said that he PERSONALLY would come on May 19th and fix this problem.

Guess What ! No Show and No phone call !

The saga Continues.

Any Ideas who to call next ?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You need to go there, and chat with Se?or Delancer about your problem .. I mean really chat. Not complain, but chat. What does he think you can do about it? How would he go about solving it? Really chat, relationship type chat. And then he'll offer to fix it for you. Keep a cold beer or two handy. :laugh::laugh: Offer to take him so that he does not have to use one of their vehicles. In his eyes, it is your problem now. You have to convince him to fix your problem for you.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I understand

Thanks Chris, I understand what you mean ....... I WILL try that !
But do you think that if I dont pay the Invoice for 4 or 5 months that he will come and "chat" with me and wait for me to suggest that maybe I should pay 1/2 of it if he drives me to the bank !

Dont get me wrong. I understand. I have been nothing but respectful and we DID "chat" with his wife in Sosua. It was a few laughs and we figured we had a new friend.

But I do understand the mentality that you are talking about better each passing month.........

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
jojo2130 said:
Thanks Chris, I understand what you mean ....... I WILL try that !
But do you think that if I dont pay the Invoice for 4 or 5 months that he will come and "chat" with me and wait for me to suggest that maybe I should pay 1/2 of it if he drives me to the bank !

Dont get me wrong. I understand. I have been nothing but respectful and we DID "chat" with his wife in Sosua. It was a few laughs and we figured we had a new friend.

But I do understand the mentality that you are talking about better each passing month.........
You mean you still haven't received you box yet?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
We HAD the black box but on that first visit they couldnt get it activated and now we have paid for a box but dont have one.

We were credited the value of the box (500 pesos well), I offered to pay for another box when we were in Sosua earlier this month with Senora Delancer but she said not to worry about it that i should pay when the box comes with the techie.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Incredible.... but sooo Dominican! I had a plumber/electrician (once), who arrived with his 3 kids....(all under 12yrs). It would have taken a Sumo wrestler to keep the kids under control, and come to think of it, that's about the time my really neat minature camera disappeared.....Canadian Bob.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
jojo2130 said:
We HAD the black box but on that first visit they couldnt get it activated and now we have paid for a box but dont have one.

We were credited the value of the box (500 pesos well), I offered to pay for another box when we were in Sosua earlier this month with Senora Delancer but she said not to worry about it that i should pay when the box comes with the techie.
The only thing I can suggest, is that you go to their office and start all over. I know it's "dumb" to have to do that, but it's probably the only way you'll ever get one.