different beaches in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busala

Apr 9, 2006
I'm a bit confused about the beaches in Sosua. From what I've read, it seems like there's the public beach and then other smaller beaches, like Playa Alicia. Is that right?
Are they far apart? I mean, can you walk to all of the beaches from a central location?
I haven't found a map that lists the beaches.
Are there big differences from beach to beach? What's your favorite?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
From West to East, not including Puerto Chiquito beach, you have the Main Sosua Bay Beach, then Alicia, which you could walk to through town in approx. 10 minutes, then the Casa Marina beach, which you might be able to swim to and if not, walk to in a few minutes through the hotel grounds.
Then Larimar beach which is just a couple of minutes East, walking along a cement "boardwalk", then a walk accross rocks & sand to the General's beach.
The next one is Playa Chiquita and is a bit far to walk to, but you get there in 3 or 4 minutes on a motoconcho.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Busala said:
Are there big differences from beach to beach? What's your favorite?

There is a huge difference between the public beach and the others. The vendors, small bars and restaurants lined up under the trees behind the sand give this beach an ambiance that you don't find many places.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Nothing to think about, Sosua Beach is simply the best. I've been to a lot of great beaches around the world, but no one can compare to Sosua Beach.

Busala

Apr 9, 2006
thanx

It makes more sense now. So, the main beach has the shops and bars right on the beach? Sounds good.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Busala said:
It makes more sense now. So, the main beach has the shops and bars right on the beach? Sounds good.
That's correct, and a lot more shade, and smoother water, as it's in a bay with reefs.

G

gary short

Don't be surprised if after a swim you have a kernal of corn stuck to your forehead, if you know what I mean.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
gary short said:
Don't be surprised if after a swim you have a kernal of corn stuck to your forehead, if you know what I mean.
I'm lost.
Not a clue, but I'm sure you'll explain.
I can't help thinking it has something to do with beautiful women and I should be catching on, but I ain't.

G

gary short

Sorry I can hardly type. Have you ever walked by the Cheromicos end of the beach after a rainfall, Whhhooooeee it aint pretty.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
gary short said:
Sorry I can hardly type. Have you ever walked by the Cheromicos end of the beach after a rainfall, Whhhooooeee it aint pretty.
Actually, no, but I prefer going to the beach by the Charamicos side, to avoid all the vendors, and I never noticed any dirt or litter on the beach, even less in the water.

G

gary short

You know there's a little restaurant above the beach on the Cherimicos side with a great view, serves cheap ice cold presidentes, I love that place. Is it still there?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
gary short said:
You know there's a little restaurant above the beach on the Cherimicos side with a great view, serves cheap ice cold presidentes, I love that place. Is it still there?
The building is still there, but I don't know if it's open.
I believe it used to be called, El Atlantico, then someone else took it over and changed the name, but I never went inside.

G

gary short

They had an open air veranda with a perfect view of the bay, but it seemed zero customers, wow what a location.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a very good Dominican Restaurant on the side of the beach that you are talking about. It is still open as I ate there two days ago. The view is great, the food very good, and the price is very low. Also, no tax or tip is added to the bill. The waiter, Franklin, who is the son of the owner, speaks perfect English.

The other restaurant next door called Atlantico closed up two years ago.

By the way they have an extensive menu of chicken, meat, and seafood.

Busala

Apr 9, 2006
what do you all mean by the Cherimicos side ? Is that part of the main public beach?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Busala said:
what do you all mean by the Cherimicos side ? Is that part of the main public beach?

Yes, the beach runs from Sosua to Charamicos. You can enter the beach from either side, and there are small shops, restaurants and bars the entire distance.

G

gary short

SKY said:
There is a very good Dominican Restaurant on the side of the beach that you are talking about. It is still open as I ate there two days ago. The view is great, the food very good, and the price is very low. Also, no tax or tip is added to the bill. The waiter, Franklin, who is the son of the owner, speaks perfect English.

The other restaurant next door called Atlantico closed up two years ago.

By the way they have an extensive menu of chicken, meat, and seafood.

That's the joint. Glad to hear it's still in business. Next time I'm down that'll be my first stop.....after Rocky's of coarse.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
wayne said:
It's called Michaels, good food and ice cold beer.

It's called "Michaels stone" actually. Atleast it used to be. I agree it's a great place to sit and have a couple of cold ones enyoing the fantastic view.

Status
Not open for further replies.